Monday, October 23, 2017

Smurf everywhere

We attended a birthday party with a smurf theme last Saturday evening. Birthday party cum buffet dinner in Hap Chen Hian Satay House, Rubber road.

We were actually at the wrong venue in first place. As it turned out, there are 2 Satay House in Rubber road. We went to the one opposite Old Rex Cafe but a couple told us the actual venue was the other side of the road. That Satay House (which was same row with Curry House) also had birthday party that evening.

So we drove to the other Satay House. And yes, this was where our invitation was. On the 1st floor of Hap Chen Hian Satay House. Lol.

As the theme of the birthday was smurf and smurf is blue, we followed the theme by wearing something blue. We were 99% blue! ^^

It was fun to follow the theme but of course not every guests followed it.


The stage decoration was awesome. Smurf everywhere. It was blue everywhere. The guests especially the children were stranded at the stage area for the sweet goodies.

Sorry, no food photo. Too many guests were taking food at the buffet table so I did not want to anmoy anyone by blocking the queue and taking photos. ^^ So, let's enjoy the centrepiece.











And as we were leaving, we saw few guests ordered satay from below. So we also want to order and take away some satays. 10 sticks of pork satay and another 10 sticks of chicken satay for RM16.

And ours were piping hot when we reached home as they were grilled on the spot. The satays were nice but the peanut gravy was not to our liking. Too smooth as they blended everything. We prefer some crushed peanuts in the gravy for that texture, bite and crunchiness. ^^



15 comments:

The Yum List said...

Oh my goodness, it's been forever since I've seen a smurf!

Nancy Chan said...

I remember I used to enjoy watching smurf with my boys. That was a long time ago! What a wonderful way to celebrate a birthday!

Ezvina said...

Such a beautiful bday party.

PH said...

Very nice birthday party. Everything looks cute and colorful.

lina said...

Wah! What a ice birthday party!

suituapui said...

I know this place! Nanas Road. Did not get to try the satay but I bought a lot of their chang home.

mun said...

I remember watching smurfs on tv about 30 years ago. everyone in the party must be very happy with the food, sweets, and desserts.

Hayley said...

Wah, really is Smurf everywhere!!
Kids sure enjoyed themselves!

ChrisAu said...

I thought it’s another smurf promotion , I saw it in KL the curve many years ago !! Hahahha

Blackswan said...

I've a friend who loves Smurf but I can never find a smurf toy in my travels. I wanna buy something for her...... xoxo

Unknown said...

Smurf my childhood cartoon... nowadays kids are very fortunate - birthday party celebration. Kids definitely enjoying themselves very much

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful birthday party!

Green Thumb said...

Nice theme. I love the smurfs when I was young esp. Papa Smurf.

Sharon D. said...

Kids are really lucky these days. This is so cute and I love that you guys are sporting enough to wear something to fit the theme ;)

I'm with you on the satay sauce, Rose. I prefer it with a bit of crunch too.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I remember smurfs, used to watch the cartoon when I was a kid...