Monday, October 2, 2017

Heavy vs light (weight)

On our latest visit to Happy Auntie, hubby and I had 2 different kinds of breakfast. It was because we had different palate that morning.

I had been wanting to try the curry mee from the laksa & kampua stall but it was not what I expected. Different or maybe my expectation was different. 

Curry mee RM5.50

The curry mee was alright. Rather thick with beancurd, potatoes, fishballs, half of hard-boiled egg and shredded egg and chicken plus bean sprouts. 

Ok, I would love to have a drumstick or chicken wing to go with my curry noodle, so I were rather disappointed that morning. 


Nevertheless, my heavy breakfast kept me full for quite sometime. And what's better to quench my thirst and wash away the heavy meal with a glass of cold fresh lemon!!

Porridge with pork and century egg RM6.00

While I were having a heavy curry mee, my hubby on the other hand, had a light breakfast. Milder taste but a yummy and satisfying bowl of porridge with minced pork balls and century egg. Gosh! I tasted the porridge and I liked the taste. Similar to the one in Open Air Market Kuching.

That was our breakfast; the heavy and light weight.

11 comments:

PH said...

Perhaps next time you can have the porridge :)

mun said...

I like the big pieces of century eggs. Looks tasty and heavy duty to me.

The Yum List said...

They both are heavy brekkies compared to my usual start of fruit or yoghurt or oats. ;-)

suituapui said...

I would prefer your hubby's porridge to your curry mee, not really crazy about curry mee. I'd prefer Kuching laksa to it anytime.

Sharon D. said...

The porridge certainly looks amazing, Rose. The curry mee looks good too but I'm with you on the drumstick/chicken wing ..it's not perfect without it ..haha ..for me, at least!

Libby said...

I prefer your heavy weight curry mee as I like flavourful food

Reanaclaire said...

Wahhh..one whole century egg! I like!

ChrisAu said...

I also prefer the century egg porridge. Light and delicious!!!

IreneC said...

Hahahah...I prefer dry curry...my favourite would be curry chicken with wanton mee.

Merryn said...

Wah, curry noodles for breakfast. If I eat such heavy breakfast, I will actually be hungrier during lunch as my stomach has already started working. Haha.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I will go for the porridge with pork and century egg...