Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Mid-week off

It was a day off last Wednesday for Jan and Jay as it was the Mid-Autumn celebration. Most Chinese schools took 1 day off for the festival.

I am kind of like a mid-week off. 2 days school, 1 day off and another 2 days school before the weekend. Anyway, there would be a week long school holiday next week due to Deepavali. So, I am stuck with kids more then. Not that I am complaining but I can't handle the stress level when 3 of them are together. ^^

Jamie had class last Wednesday. Luckily he did not complained about that since his siblings could snug in bed while he had to go to school.

Before went to pick him up from school, we went to this food court for our early lunch. We were sitting in the roofted corridor in between Borneo One Street Corner and River Park Food Court. I love the fact that you could order from both sides without restriction other than you have to order drinks on which side of the table you are at.

The kids have butter chicken rice each (RM6.00) from Borneo One Street Corner.


I didn't feel like having rice that day.


I wanted something flavourful so I went for China No 1 Ramen stall in River Park Food Court.  Many choice to choose from such as beef, lamb but I went for pork belly ramen (RM8.00).


Soon, my ramen was served with a spicy and peppery chilli oil dipping which went well with the pork belly.


The pork belly was thick yet tender. The soup was sweet and flavourful. It was not too thick for me. Some may like the broth to be thick but not me. It wasn't too strong for me. The ramen was not too soft; just nice.


I did enjoyed my lunch with my kids that morning.

13 comments:

PH said...

Nice food. I did not realise that next week is school holidays.

mun said...

Looks like too much food for me that I would surely need to keep some for later consumption. Enjoy the one week school holidays next week. Going to explore some more nature places?

suituapui said...

One whole week off next week. What are your plans? Come to Sibu! The beautiful Lantern Festival lanterns are still on at the town square till the 23rd...and the 1Malaysia food fair too.

The Yum List said...

Butter chicken is one of my fave choices. I'd choose just like your boys. .;-)

Nancy Chan said...

Most schools are having a week long holiday for Deepavali. Happy holidays for the kids.

Reanaclaire said...

Kids will surely love butter chicken.. and I will surely opt for noodles instead...

Green Thumb said...

Chicken plus rice is for me.

Merryn said...

Oh, we did not have a day off for the Mid Autumn festival. It was business as usual, exam week somemore.

lina said...

Yes, a whole week off school next week! 😬

Blackswan said...

I love pork belly too! xoxo

Yvonne said...

I love having days off in the middle of the week, it seems like you have two short weeks instead! Your ramen looks delicious, I love having mine with plenty of chilli oil :)

Libby said...

For me, it is going to be examination time for my students, busy period, but after that I can relax a bit

I love pork belly and yes having something with soup is nice for the recent cold weather

Sharon D. said...

That looks like a great bowl of ramen. I need to get my fix soon. Been sometime since I last had this.