Monday, October 16, 2017

Burnt my lazy food

This got to be one of those days when I were super lazy to think of what to cook and actually get cooking in the kitchen. Most of the weekdays, only me and my kids at home while hubby seldom home for dinner. So most of the time, I will make something simple for our dinner.

One weekday, I make a one platter for dinner. My platter consisting of chicken chops, potatoes and Taiwan pork sausage platter. Of course not only this for dinner. I had spaghetti as well.

So my super lazy food that evening. And I almost burnt it as well. I used flip pan and I put the heat slightly higher than usual. Faster time but it turned out slightly burnt. But still tasty and moist. Just burnt on certain parts but still, no one complaining. Lol 


Ingredients:
2 boneless chicken chop
3 Australian potatoes
8 Taiwan sausage
Mixed herbs (McCormicks)
Salt and pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
Extra virgin olive oil
Parsley leaves

Methods:
1. Marinate chicken chops in a bowl with olive oil, mixed herbs (about a tbsp), salt, pepper and garlic cloves. Leave for few hours in fridge before cooking.
2. Peel the skin of potatoes. Chop into smaller pieces and marinate with salt, pepper and olive oil.
3. Thaw the Taiwan sauage. Heat up the flip pan in medium heat. Add olive oil into the pan. When it is hot, add the sausage and close the lid. Let it cook for few minutes on both sides before dish out.
4. In the same flip pan, add some more of olive oil and put chicken chop with skin down. Add potato cubes around the chicken chop.
5. Close the lid and let it cook for about 10 minutes before flipping over and coom for another 10 minutes.
6. Dish out and serve in a plate. Garnish with some chopped parsley leaves.


11 comments:

PH said...

It looks delicious, all in one. I actually love the burnt parts hee..hee..

Blackswan said...

Sometimes I kinda enjoy eating the burnt parts too, dear. xoxo

suituapui said...

My girl likes meat slightly burnt, more wangi, she says!

mun said...

as long as no complaints from children, it is fine.

Sharon D. said...

It's looks highly appetising to me. Beautifully charred ;) ..second helpings for me!

Green Thumb said...

Looks delicious! I wanna eat dinner after reading your post.

lina said...

Charred then make it feel like eating grilled food? Hehehe

Still a good meal, right?
And so healthy too!

The Yum List said...

What an international mix of ingredients you have there! Sorry it turned out burnt. That happens to me too often as I'm always looking for the fastest way to get a meal on the plat.e

Somewhere in Singapore said...

So tempting that I wish the foods is right in front of me, hehe...

Nancy Chan said...

I actually like those parts that are a little bit burnt especially on the skin. Your so called lazy meal certainly looks delicious!

Merryn said...

It is not burnt. It is called char-grilled. Haha. Looks good to me :D