Saturday, July 30, 2016

Weekend Menu # 80 : Morning muesli muffins

This was a very spontaneous baking last Saturday. 


I was clearing my fridge and pantry when I noticed that this light muesli has been sitting in the pantry for quite some time.

Well, it was still good (thank god) and then suddenly an idea came into my mind. How about experimenting and making a healthy morning muesli muffins with what ever I have at home?


So, with what ever I could find, I did the unimaginable! Turned out, disaster! It was supposed to be fail-proof but I guess I am still not familiar with my new electric oven so I over-baked my muffin. Tried to save them by scraping the top burnt part away. The texture and taste was just nice. Nutty and raisins in the muesli enhanced the muffin's taste. I could have used full cream milk, but low fat was what I have in the fridge.

I did baked another 2 since I had enough batter for 8 muffins. These 2 muffins are better but they were slightly smaller than the 1st batch. They did not puff up like the 1st batch.

Overall, it was good. You could taste the sweetness of raisin and apricots and some textures of the oats in the muffin. Hubby gave me a thumb up. Beside the burnt top, this muffin is filling and nice.


Morning Muesli Muffins (make 8)
Ingredients:
75g all purpose flour
75f light natural muesli
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
150ml low fat milk (better option is full cream milk)
2 tbsp. honey
Butter for greasing

Methods:
1. Pre-heat oven to 190C. Flour and grease each muffin hole.
2. Mix together the flour, muesli and baking powder in a howl.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg, milk and honey.  Add this to the dry ingredients and fold gently until just blended together.
4. Spoon the mixture into muffin hole, about 2/3 full.  Bake for 15 minutes till golden brown.

Hope you bake better and nicer muesli muffins than I do. *wink*

6 comments:

Yannie said...

Albeit the look was not good, it still tasted good. Practice makes perfect, keep on baking, Rose.

suituapui said...

I wouldn't dare try baking anything, sure a disaster. :D

Nancy Chan said...

I used to bake a lot but have not been baking for a long time. Now I used my oven for roasting or grilling only.

mun said...

Must be very tasty! Yums!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

So long i didn't bake...

Sharon D. said...

Phew! Stuff happens! But at least it tasted good ;)