Friday, July 15, 2016

Cabin in the woods

It was a warm Saturday morning when we went to Santubong National Park for a hike.


A male friend joined us as he has been here before, so he was acting as our guide, bringing us to our destination.


This Santubong National Park is easy to be spotted on your right hand-side from the main road to Damai.  It has this signage telling you that beginning of last year, entrance fee was waived. 

From the signage at the road side, you walked over the wooden bridge to this house.  It is where the warden stays. 



Don't you love this view? I told hubby that the view was so beautiful and peaceful, and the house was very much of a cabin in the woods. Intrigue to me. Made me thought of the movies where hunters stay in the jungle or a vacation home in the middle of the jungle.  I would not mind staying there overnight! *wink*

We need to register ourselves to the warden and after wrote down our details, we could follow the trail in the national park. But that would be another post for another day.




For now, let enjoy this picturesque place for a little while.  I liked how they decorate the place.




Some tree trunks for you to sit.


And I always wanted such wooden table and stools for my garden. No worry about rain or shine.



The dead tree bark looked fascinating to me (below).


And after enjoying the surrounding of the warden's house, we were off to our trail.





12 comments:

PH said...

Very nice! I think I would enjoy hiking here.

lina said...

Wahhh! What a nice place! :)

Sharon D. said...

What an adventure! The scenery is beautiful .. waiting for part 2 ;)

suituapui said...

Santubong? I would love to live in a cabin in the woods! Would move to stay with my girl in her jungle school, I would...but she is sharing her quarters unit with two other ladies. They sure would not like the intrusion, I'm sure.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I loves this place...

Reanaclaire said...

Interesting trail up to the cabin and woods... All nature and educational for the kids too!

mun said...

I would like to walk the trail here if it is not too difficult. The title of your post is similar to the title of a horror movie that I have come across.

Anonymous said...

So adventurous! I never been to this place. Indeed not really into adventure activity. Lol!

Nancy Chan said...

I like the look of the cabin and its surroundings. How nice if they have similar cabin for rental when people can stay overnight and enjoy the nature.

Green Thumb said...

I love nature! It's a beautiful place to be, everything's natural. Btw, love your your Vietnam Rose cover.

Blackswan said...

Very serene place & love nature walks, dear! xoxo

Imemily said...

nice place