Friday, July 8, 2016

What's Great

I personally think that nothing is great about this food court; not many food stalls and hence, fewer choices for patrons. 

However I have to compliment that this food court in Vivacity Megamall is clean and tidy.


So brightly lighted with colourful chairs and the walkway is wide enough; unlike certain food courts in the malls that are pretty cramped with seating arrangement and you could hardly move around with strollers and shopping carts.


Not many stalls but I do spotted 2 familiar Kuching food outlet names here; namely Madam Tang's and Hock King.

I went for Madam Tang's stall as it has been ages since I tasted its food.  Madam Tang's is famous for its Sarawak laksa and I used to dine in its first outlet in Jalan Petanak.  But I did not feel like having laksa that afternoon so I opted for its nasi lemak curry chicken.

Nasi Lemak with chicken curry  (RM9.00)

I requested to have my curry in a separate bowl so the gravy would not be covering my rice and I could feed Jamie with the coconut fragrant rice.  The sambal was nice; slight sourish and spicy (I prefer my sambal that way than sweet) while the anchovies were fried to crispiness.

The chicken curry was quite alright; nothing to shout about. 


The kids were not that hungry so I ordered roasted chicken rice from Hock King for takeaway. RM12.20 for 2 packs; which I think was overly priced.  Not special order; I asked for the normal portion but I guess you would expect higher price when go to an air-con food court.


This delicious-looking biryani was hubby's lunch.  RM12.00 for this hearty plate and it came with a bowl of dhal.


9 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

I am eyeing the nasi lemak with the curry chicken! Nothing can go wrong with the basics and this reminds me, I must go for the nasi lemak nearby to get a plate... with a piece of fried chicken! Yummmssss!

suituapui said...

Place looks very nice. I did not get the chance to drop by this mall on my last visit - if I am not wrong, it is quite far from the city centre.

I guess most food courts in the malls would have some nice stuff, not great but nice enough for a bite while having a break from shopping. The one at Spring is ok as well, but did not have anything there that was exceptionally good to get me rushing back for more.

PH said...

It has been a long time since I patronized food courts. When I was younger, I loved to to go to food courts to check out the many food stalls. But quite often the food is just so so only.

Nancy Chan said...

I think most of the food in the food court are usually on the average and nice. I would love to try the nasi lemak or the nasi biryani. Both look delicious.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Has been sometimes since i had briyani as find the portion of the rice quite a lot...

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Hi.
Eating at this kind of places is expensive. I guess, we have to pay for the decos and aircond. Hahahaha.

mun said...

This food court looks so colourful and bright. Very nice! They give you a whole chicken leg for the curry instead of just the drumstick so it is good value for money at only RM9.

Coffee Girl said...

that side is the halal food court right? never tried that side but always pass by, mainly because not many stalls to choose from. Me lah.

Sharon D. said...

I'm drooling over the biryani .. looks so sedap! I like places that are well lit and spacious too - it feels fresher and more relaxing.