Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A newbie

I first spotted this new Malay stall in Xing Xing Food Court next to the roti canai stall few Sunday ago and last week, my girlfriend told me that the new stall serves good Mee Jawa and Nasi Lemak. 

Oh boy!  How I missed Mee Jawa. The thick sweet potato-based gravy on top of the yellow noodle and condiments. Make a very hearty breakfast indeed.

Okay, back to this stall in Xing Xing Food Court, I went there last Friday with my girlfriend and her friends to taste its Mee Jawa.  My friend had it 3 times in a week, so by then, she was kind of bored of it so she went for its Nasi Lemak.

Mee Jawa with beef

This was the picture of my friend's Mee Jawa when she had it for the first time.  Looking good, right?

Usually Mee Jawa was served with either beef or chicken satay but according to the girl from the stall, they will start doing satay after Hari Raya.

Mee Jawa with chicken

Last Friday, I had chicken in my Mee Jawa (RM5.00). Love it. Not too spicy and sweet but the gravy was very thick and creamy. And pretty big portion and I hardly could finish it.

Mee Jawa with chicken

And my friend's nasi lemak. Very authentic Malay nasi lemak. The sambal was spicy, my friend commented but good.

Nasi Lemak biasa

Here, I would like to take the opportunity wishing my Muslim blogger friends and readers, a Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir & Batin. Happy holidays!

10 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Looks almost like our mee rebus over here...

lina said...

Enjoy the long weekend and the week school holiday too! :)

suituapui said...

I haven't had mee jawa for a long time now. That nasi lemak looks good!

PH said...

I miss mee jawa. I used to eat it quite often when I was a student.

Ezvina said...

Yumm, i am not a fan of mee jawa, but once awhile teringin jugak.

mun said...

Happy Holiday to you and your family! Here, the mee jawa does not get served with chicken or beef. The price is so good when you get chicken in it.

Reanaclaire said...

Indeed the Mee Jawa looks very appealing.. not a fan but I would love to try it!

Unknown said...

looks delicious! authentic malay nasi leak

Blackswan said...

Gosh, the noodles look so good with the chicken! xoxo

Sharon D. said...

Omigosh..I love mee jawa. Come on over, Rose. I will take you around. ;)