Monday, July 25, 2016

I like it

Colourful mural


I like it when it is a long weekend and everyone gets together and does some fun or activities as a family. And that was the case last weekend. It was a holiday last Friday as we celebrated Sarawak Independence Day for the first time in history.

Reading is part of weekend activities

We started off with a spontaneous walk along Kuching Waterfront to Main Bazaar and Kai Joo Lane. It was unplanned but a nice activity in the morning of our Independence Day. The weather was great (cold and windy after the rain) for some outdoor walk and sight-seeing. More in my coming post.


History walk

Guess what? On Saturday, I put on my baking hat and utilize my electric oven for this muesli muffins.  Didn't turned out as gorgeous as I wanted them to be.  Recipe is coming up soon.

Muesli muffins

I did some gardening too.  Got myself some dirt and sweat in the garden. I've done weeding my garden and trimming those bushy money plants; and I felt they look better and lovelier again.

A pot of money plant

This pot of money plant just been transferred into the house; placed on the counter bar as hubby said it is good "feng shui".


Flat sandals have been my preferred footwear since I have kids. And I just bought this new flat sandals over the weekend as my old pair was pretty worn out.

And this was my latest cooking.  Steamed chicken for the family.  Verdict? I liked it.  Will share the recipe in the next post.

Steamed chicken for dinner

How I wish we could have a long weekend all the time.  *wink*

9 comments:

suituapui said...

I had steamed chicken too - my friend's wife cooked...and I had muffins too or cupcakes - my ex-student made. So nice, no need to do anything, goyang kaki...and can get to enjoy! Hehehehehehe!!!!

Sharon D. said...

Long weekends are the best. My activities are closely associated with food though ..haha. What a lovely time you had as a family. Yummy food too!

Yee Ling said...

I have the plant too at my home but I didn't know is called money plant.hhehe

PH said...

I also love long weekends. Your steamed chicken looks very yum yum!

Nancy Chan said...

I looked forward to long weekends when I was working. Nowadays, long weekends means Ipoh town will be crowded with visitors coming for Ipoh food. I love your steamed chicken, looks so delicious.

lina said...

Great weekend activities!

Merryn said...

Money plant is good. It also helps to clean the air around it.

mun said...

I like what you like in this post too. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I wish for a long weekend too. 😢