Wednesday, July 13, 2016

To far away land

A good deed done. 


Last week, I cleared some spaces in the kids' wardrobe by donating most of the soft toys to the Cambodian children through our church.


Those soft toys were mostly presents from Jan's 2nd birthday party. Imagine that some was still in their wrappers and have never been played.


I were a bit reluctant to give them away as some were good and original brands but I knew that other children would be happy and appreciate them more than my children.


We also made a personalised card and wrote down messages to the new owners of these soft toys.

May they bring joy, happiness and loves to the children.



10 comments:

suituapui said...

Gosh!!! The kids there would be so happy to get all those. We spoil our kids rotten don't we? Buy them all the nice, nice toys, some they hardly ever play. I had my share of that when my girl was small.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

If me, i will also be reluctant to give, but if i see other children playing with the toys, i will be very happy...

PH said...

It is a good thing you are doing. You clear up unwanted/unused toys and you bring cheer to the less fortunate kids. They will be very happy!

Princess Ribbon said...

Very nice of you to clear the toys to be given to those in need.. I always declutter the house too once every few months and drop the stuffs into the charity box..

Sharon D. said...

I find it hard to let go too ..for nostalgic reasons. You are lovely to donate this. xx :)

mun said...

A very good deed indeed. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah. Some children will appreciate those toys and it was a very good deed.

Barbara said...

What a lovely gesture. I am sure the Cambodian children love these toys very much.

Blackswan said...

It's always good to donate instead of throwing old stuff away. Those misfortunate kids will benefit from them & the toys will bring them joy. xoxo

Libby said...

I am sure the Cambodia children would be very happy to receive these toys, rather than throw them away which would be a waste