Monday, July 11, 2016

Two of us

It was last Monday when I and a friend together with our kids went to this café in Brighton Square for an early lunch.  My friend picked us up and together the 7 of us went here before 1130am to avoid the lunch crowd.



It has been ages since I dined here.  I couldn't remember the last time I were here.  This Life Café is next to this café which I have been to just few weeks ago.


As we entered the premises, Jamie suddenly cried and did not want to be seated inside. "Want to go home" he kept saying. So leaving with no choice, I had to go out with him and seated outside the café.


Thankfully it was windy and they have ceiling fans, so it wasn't that bad to be dining in front of the cafe. As for Jamie, he has that "irritating moment" where he wanted to go home, reluctant to listen to me etc.  But after few minutes of sitting outside, he was alright and started to play his toys.


Initially I ordered my food in the café but seeing my boy did not stopped making noise, I requested for my food to be bought outside.  The rest of the group seated and had their lunch in the comfort of the air-con cafe.

Yes, I know. I had a lunch date with my friend and ended up, we were on seperate tables and I were having lunch with my youngest son. How awkward.


I ordered this delicious-looking Dry Dumplings with Shanghai vermicelli (RM10.50) for the two of us. 


This honey lemon drink was nice to take on a warm day. Jamie and I enjoyed this refreshing drink while waiting for our food to arrive.


We were first served with this cabbage pickle.  I don't usually take pickle but I did finished this small portion of cabbage pickle that day.


Finally, here came our food.  Hmm.  Somehow the picture in the menu looked better, colourful and appetizing.  However the two of us did finished up this bowl of Shanghai vermicelli. I did not have breakfast that morning, so I were famished.

The meat dumplings were nice and warm.  Jamie ate most of them while I enjoyed the big vermicelli. 


The mood of my boy after finished up his lunch and waiting for others to come out from the cafe.  Super cheerful and happy to pose for my camera! 


 I guess it is a stage that he is currently been through now.  Lately he was not in good mood of company and friends.  Just few days ago, he was also in a fit and did not want to join in the table of my friends. And then during Raya visiting, he did not want to go into others' houses. Oh dear.  Is this what the "Terrible Three" is?? 2 more months to him turning 3 but he is showing such terrible manners. Hope this phase will go away soon. Now I would not dare to bring him out for lunch date with my friends!!

17 comments:

suituapui said...

Eeeee...why didn't he want to stay inside the cafe? Did he see "things"? Some young kids have that ability to sense things adults don't. My cousin checked into a hotel in Miri once with his family - the kid cried the whole night through so they checked out the very next morning and moved to another hotel and the kid was perfectly all right there.

PH said...

I have the same thoughts as STP. But then it could be something else. Anyway, Jamie had mummy all to himself :)

Nancy Chan said...

Sometimes kids have their moods. So your friend ate with her kids and you ate with Jamie separately and only get to fellowship in the car. The food on the menu looks good.

Sharon D. said...

I feel you, Rose. My nephews are at this stage and it can be pretty challenging! Kudos for staying calm ;)

mun said...

How come your friend and group did not all come out and join you in sitting outside? The outside table not large enough?

Imemily said...

may be he still cant blend with your friends as he marked as strangers and feel scared? Just need time for him to grow up a bit and see how it works

Rose world said...

Not enough for 7 of us outside as walkway is small. And the kids prefer air con than sitting outside.

Rose world said...

The kids met before. Playdate few times.

Ezvina said...

I went to their branch at Jln Keretapi before, been ages.

Dont worry too much about your boy, just play along with him :)

Princess Ribbon said...

Saw your updates in FB, so nice can go eat Raya food.. We just stayed home during Raya break, huhuhu.. I like lemang to be eaten with kaya, and also beef rendang..

Blackswan said...

So sorry to hear about Jamie, dear. I'm sure this is just a passing phase. Don't worry too much.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Guess it's his mood on that day...

trishie said...

Glad to hear his mood improved after his meal. Maybe he just wants some special alone time with mummy?

ChrisAu said...

When I read that he cried upon reaching that place, I also wonder whether that place is 'clean' ? Kids are very sensitive to these 'stuffs'. Anyway, maybe it's part of growing up. I remember my boy when he's 2 years old, He was crying and throwing tantrums at one restaurant which he doesn't like the lady boss. Even till now, at 11, he still dislike that restaurant..hahahah

Merryn said...

I had the same thought with Arthur too. Jamie doesn't mind sitting outside but not inside. So there must be something in there that he doesn't like.

There was once I brought Ayden to an eatery in Melaka. He told us straight that he is afraid of a mask that they hang as a decor. The owner overheard him saying it and she quickly took it down and kept it away. Ayden calmed down immediately after that and enjoyed his dinner.

Libby said...

Some kids have Yin Yang eyes and they can see "things"

Rose world said...

Hmm. Think about it, maybe the place is too dark for him. Dimly lighted in there. Probably he felt uncomfortable. He used to ask us to switch on the bedroom's light at night when he slept. Refused to be turn off. But he has passed that phase and now dont mind sleeping in the dark. Maybe that place is too dark for him. I also hardly could see the menu in there. Haha.