Monday, July 18, 2016

Our short hike and the water

Continue from my previous post; from the warden's house, we followed our friend to the stream.
 


It was shady so we did not feel the sun that much. Looked up, it was trees all over you.


Don't you love nature? The view, the tree, the fresh air, the sound of the jungle. It was so peaceful and surreal.



I love hiking in the jungle.  But having kids with us, we had to be extra slow and careful; making sure everyone stays together.




However it was a very short hike for us; about 10 minutes and we spotted the rushing stream. Not that deep. But so many big rocks so you got to be careful walking and scaling them.




This is the easiest track. More difficult tracks further into the national park but it would be tough for young children so we did not venture further in. Need to wait for my kids to grow up then we can come back and conquer the tougher tracks.


For now, this little stream would do. See how clear was the water. Cold and nice.

And my kids went back to the old kampung style. Jumped into the water with their clothing on. Me? No. Just dipping my feet into the cold clear water.



Hope the next round we are here again, we could do bbq as there is bbq pit provided.


Next time....

13 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Got chance, would loves to go there...

Nancy Chan said...

I love nature except the creepy crawlies. Once I joined a stream trekking and ended up with leeches on my legs. It was fun except for the leeches!

Azura Chan said...

This is great, but only love the view. not the hiking activity. 😝

Small Kucing said...

i can imagine how cool it is to soak tired feet in the water. ahhhh...so nice

PH said...

Very nice. Have to be careful with those rocks because they can be very slippery.

Hayley said...

Looks like a nice place ler! I think My kids would love to play at the stream too!

mun said...

Last time I went near a stream in a forest, I also got bitten by leeches. No leeches there?

Merryn said...

I love this but honestly speaking I wont dare to bring my boys here. I am scared of mozzie or leaches so yeah, I wont bring them here. At least not this young. Maybe when Ayden is older.

Sharon D. said...

This is exciting, Rose. I remember the days I used to go for family activities like these. The best memories! It's great for bonding and character-building. Your kids are going to be well-rounded, independent individuals.

suituapui said...

Bet the kids had a great time. They have nice parks like this in NZ...with lots of BBQ pits and special BBQ grounds. Lots of people, on weekends especially. having their picnic there.

Princess Ribbon said...

I'm not a waterfall"scenery person, haha.. I prefer shopping in the mall, and having western lunch after that.. But bet the kids enjoyed, got water to play, haha..

Reanaclaire said...

As long as the kids have a great and fun time, it is really worth the second trip again... For me, going on trek means I can reduce weight! Surely will love to go exercise on tracks again once my leg is back to normal... :)

Imemily said...

i love jungle trekking and water playing at waterfall too (1 package)
haha...but i scared of leeches and mosquitoes