Minced meat with fat
4 pieces of Tofu, cut diagonally into half
6 Chinese mushrooms, soaked and stem taken off
Dried prawns, washed and soaked
Pepper and salt to taste
1. Chop the washed Chinese mushrooms into smaller pieces. Chop dried prawns into smaller pieces.
2. Combine minced meat, mushroom and dried prawns. Chop and mix them well.
3. Add salt and pepper to the mixed meat mixture and mix them well.
4. Use a chopstick, cut the tofu in the centre on the cut side to make a slit. Wash your hands clean. With your hand, insert some meat mixture into the slit. Press the meat into the slit.
5. Repeat all the 8 pieces of tofu. Any balance meat mixture, roll them into meat balls.
6. Heat up the oil in the wok. When it is hot, turn to low heat. Add in the tofu one by one. Turn to the other side when the tofu is turning golden at the bottom (about 4 minutes). Dish up when the meat mixture has turn golden brown. Fry the meat balls (if any) until they are cooked.
7. Serve with lettuces wrapped around the tofu or any dipping of your choices. I prefer chilli sauces