Friday, August 12, 2016

Search at the back

The row of the shops opposite Tua Pek Kong temple. Main Bazaar.


If you are looking for a local food stall at night, you might need to search at the back of this row of shops. There is this particular shop that open at night, facing the side of Old Bazaar Cafe. The shop is buzzing with people and noise and smell of delicious food.

And you could drive through this back lane and order your food and come back later to collect and pay for it. How convenient.

*courtesy of my friend*

A friend recommended me to try the curry chicken rice here. I couldn't remember whether I have been here before but if I did, I think there was this one time but many many years ago.

It sells kolo mee and chicken rice every night, but the curry mix rice is only available on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday night.

However that Saturday evening when we were here, they do not cook rice and no curry that evening so we were left with only noodle. Since we were there and found a very nice parking spot, might as well we had our dinner.


While waiting for our noodle, we saw this tourist mini bus passes by. Glad I managed to snap before it drove away.

Our kolo mee. It was good. And so was this bowl of kiaw soup (meat dumpling soup).


We seated outside right next to the stall. There are seats in the shop but we opted to sit outside since it was not that warm to do so. And we could catch the buzz and passing cars as well as enjoy the night sky.
Across the road

Curry rice? Another night then. Not our lucky night but we did enjoyed the noodle for dinner.



11 comments:

PH said...

I hope you get to try the curry rice soon :)

suituapui said...

Not sure where this is. Is there where there is a cendol stall - they say ALMOST as good as Swee Kang?

mun said...

Yes, like PH, I hope you get to try the curry rice soon.

Sharon D. said...

Ooo...the curry rice certainly looks heavenly. Am sure you'll get the opportunity on your next visit.

Nancy Chan said...

The curry rice looks delicious. Hope you will get to try the curry rice soon.

Small Kucing said...

I see the word curry and i go WAH liao.. me likey

Yannie said...

Sarawak, be it Kuching or Sibu, sure have so much good food.

Blackswan said...

Hey dear, when I saw your post title....... I thought you were going to talk about Pokemon Go. Hahaha! Happy weekend, my dear! xoxo

Libby said...

Curry chicken rice anytime for me

Azura Chan said...

oh, another time then. ..

Somewhere in Singapore said...

meat dumpling soup is always my favourite...