Sunday, August 14, 2016

Oozing golden croissant

I finally got to taste the Molten Salted Egg Yolk Croissant! And it is from a moving kitchen.


Yes. You heard it right. I tried the Hungry Dino food truck on Thursday evening after dropped off Jan and Jay for their Taekwondo class. A friend whose girl was also in the class, joined me to check out the food truck.


The food truck was parked right in front of Alliance Bank in Jalan Laksamana Cheng Ho. Opens from 730pm daily at that location; their croissants are selling like hot cakes.

We waited quite long for our croissants. The girl said 10 minutes, but it was definitely more than 10 minutes waiting time for us. There was crowd waiting for their food in front of us so we did not mind as we chatted and looked at what they were doing in the truck.

Look at their Molten Salted Egg Yolk Croissants! So flaky, so crispy. I had it after the kids finished their taekwondo which by then it has cool down.

RM6.00 per piece

I should have warmed it up. I guess that was the reason why the creamy, buttery and savoury molten did not really oozing underneath the croissant when I cut it open. Nevertheless, it still flowed, slowly.




I love it. It was good. It was flaky even it was not warm. And guess what? My Jay finished up the croissant for me. He ate most of it. Must be hungry after the taekwondo. Haha.


If got chance I would like to try their pasta and sanwiches. Another day to catch up with the moving kitchen.

14 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Now "salted egg yolk" quite popular ya...

Libby said...

The design of the food truck looks so nice and creative, I like the idea of food truck

suituapui said...

*jealous* We have one here but the one I bought was not nice, the lava did not flow. What a let down! Cheaper though - RM5.50 and 2 for RM10.00.

PH said...

I also like salted egg croissants. So yummy!

Nancy Chan said...

I hope it will come to Ipoh. The salted egg croissant looks good!

Reanaclaire said...

Yeah, like what Nancy said, hope it comes to Ipoh so that we can try!

Ezvina said...

Ok time for me to revisit that truck :)

mun said...

So yummy, right! How many did you buy? It is a nice food truck! Did they bake the croissants in the truck itself?

Merryn said...

This was the craze over here, the salted egg yolk croissants but I never got around to try them myself. Now, you over there has already eaten one. What a shame to me. Haha. I have also never buy food from a food truck. *face palm*

Libby said...

The design of the food truck also very attractive and attention grabbing

Rose world said...

Yes. They bake in the truck. We waited quite long for ours.

Yee Ling said...

That's my favorite bun.Yea...over here we need to wait too. If is a lucky day, then we can grab more.

Sharon D. said...

Nooo..I have yet to try this croissant although I'm seeing it everywhere on blogs. Haizzz..I gotta hunt this down.

Huai Bin said...

Wow! Kuching has food trucks too! I love salted egg croissant too, it's pretty bombs. My dear likes it too.