Monday, May 1, 2017

Gone

April is over and how glad I am that it has gone. It was a bad month for me. 

Terribly ill for most of the month, down with cough, flu and fever after the Kapit trip. Some sort of virus. And my Jamie has been sick for over 2 weeks now (but he has recovered tremendeously now).

Last Friday

Started with just common cold but it got worse after 2 weeks and doctor prescribed antibiotic for him. He suddenly had fever before I decided to bring him to see doctor again last week and doctor gave him antibiotic this 2nd round. And that night he had diarrhea. I understand it happens to some children who develop antibiotic -caused diarrhea. Very watery stool type since Friday night. It got worse on Sunday. Luckily he has few disposable diapers left from a year ago so I got him to use last night. Lost count of how many time I need to clean after him yesterday! Reminded me very much of baby stool!

I stopped his antibiotic yesterday and thank god, his diarrhea has getting lesser too. As of today, he eat and drink more. Diarrhea? 3 small businesses. Hope it gone by now. Fever did subsided  and cough and flu has got better yesterday.

Jamie is still pretty active and eat well irregardless of his condition. He hardly took antibiotic in the past so we are concerned about his diarrhea for few days. He has not gone to school for few days last week and coupled with the long weekend, he rested well.

Yesterday

We did not go anywhere; just stayed at home during the long weekend. Kids' exam is coming up next week so we did some early revision over the weekend. And I were glad I've recovered in time to do revision with the kids. Imagine how tiring and frustrating I were when I weren't 100% well, struggling with daily demands and stresses, hubby wasn't around and me with a sick kid. I thought at one point I were almost having a nervous breakdown!!

Definitely, F-U-N is not the word to describe how I felt.

10 comments:

mun said...

good to hear you and Jamie are ok now. you are a strong mother.

suituapui said...

Oh dear!!! Stay strong! Not easy single-handedly raising not one but THREE kids!!! Hope Jamie will be as fit as a fiddle in no time at all.

lina said...

Speedy recovery!

Reanaclaire said...

Part of growing up.. I understand how frustrating it can be.. yes, wish that i was the one sick instead of my kids last time...

Nancy Chan said...

Not easy for you with a sick kid when hubby is out of town and without a helper. Thank God the difficult period is over and Jamie looks good now. Hope he will be completely healed soon and back to school!

Sherry Go Sharing said...

good to know he's better now. My eldest too when he was young need to use the oxygen.. in the private hospital.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Not easy when kids are sick...

Merryn said...

Oh dear. Pity you.

So heart breaking to see Jamie with that oxygen mask. But the next pic is so dashingly handsome.

Glad that all is well now. May the month of May be a better one for you and family.

Sharon D. said...

You deserve a big hug, Rose. You must be exhausted. I hope you've gotten enough rest by now. xx

Libby said...

Poor boy with the oxygen mask, hope he fully recovers soon.

The second pic he looks so handsome.