Friday, August 30, 2013

Happy Merdeka!

Tomorrow is 31 August!  Yeah!

It is our 56th year of Independence and being a Malaysian, we should be proud of our history and roots. This afternoon while at home, I watched a historical movie called "1957 Hati Malaya" and the movie touched my heart.  I cried when the actor portraiting Tunku Abdul Rahman shouted "Merdeka" in front of thousand of people.  All the sacrifices, hard works, sweats and tears that our Father of Malaysia has been through that time. I am proud to be a Malaysian!!

And I am also happy that tomorrow is here because my hubby will be back from his KL training tromorrow afternoon after a week.  I missed him so much!  Called hubby last night and he said the hotel he is staying is in Masjid Jamek and many activities happen in preparation for the Merdeka Day parade tomorrow.  So packed with people and jams.  I think he misses the quieter and calmer life in Sibu.  *wink*

I would like to wish all Malaysians "Happy Merdeka Day".

9 comments:

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Happy Merdeka Day to you too.

Sharon D. said...

Happy Merdeka Day, Rose! ^.^

Unknown said...

Same to you Rose. So how are you and your baby? Hope everything is fine over there.

mun said...

Good morning Rose,

Happy Merdeka Day to you and your family!

suituapui said...

Luckily, your hubby's coming back. I hear no water there - diesel spill so they have to cut off the water supply. Not sure to what extent but I've heard that some people have moved into hotels as their homes are affected. On National Day, of all days... Have a great weekend!

wenn said...

yes, KL is too congested with people.

Agnes CF Lee said...

Thanks for visiting my blog..hope to seeing more comments from you..

KL is very hectic..we in Kota Kinabalu is at a much slower pace..businesses are much slower too..

Ezvina said...

Happy National day, I'm proud to be a Sarawakian :D

missyblurkit said...

happy merdeka and happy malaysia day in advance