Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The next morning

First night, we went to Hong Fu for Filipino crispy pata as my girl missed it. We had few dishes that evening including this tasty stir fried crabs with eggs.

Crispy pata

Crabs!

The next morning, it was raining in Sibu so we only looked for our breakfast when the rain has slowed down. We drove all the way to this Best Harvest Cafe in Lanang road for kampua.


My sil directed us to this coffee shop and she commented it served nice kampua and mixed pork soup.


So I had this white kampua and the lovely soup. The noodle was just right for me. Not too oily and the noodle texture was firm. So, for someone who never fond of Foochow kampua, you could say that I gave this place a thumb up for its kampua.


The fragrant wine in the soup was good enough to warm the body in such cold morning.  Everyone was enjoying the balls in the soup. Livers? No for me.

13 comments:

The Yum List said...

I haven't tried much Filipino food. Would like to try more.

suituapui said...

Oh! Best Harvest. I hear the kampua and stuff there is good but I have yet to go there and try. Out of the way - the Brother Sing place, famous for the giant prawn noodles is a few doors away. I remember the name because it sounds like the name of a church. LOL!!!

Haven't been to Hong Fu for so long - they say business is still good but not as good as before.

Sharon D. said...

Omigosh, so yummy. High 5 to your girl, Rose! I love Crispy Pata ..madly. Lol. Porky lover here.

Nancy Chan said...

No chance to try Filipino food yet. No liver for me too but the noodle and soup are both very inviting.

mun said...

I wonder whether crispy pata taste similar to putien deep fried pork knuckle.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I have yet to try Filipino foods...

Ezvina said...

Pork liver soup, big yes for me.

stevevhan said...

I love that you tried Crispy Pata, most of the Filipinos love them! OH and yaaassss those food, og now I miss Chinatown here!

Ann said...

Crispy pata is my favorite.
I love how crispy the pork skin is... almost too sinful to eat.

Ann
https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

Libby said...

At first I was wondering what is pata but from the comments here I learned that it is pork knuckle

Blackswan said...

I’m not familiar with Pata. Wonder how it tastes like.... xoxo

Reanaclaire said...

Eyeing the Pata and the Crabs! They look very tempting and nice!

Merryn said...

I'm the only one who enjoys having liver in the pork noodles. The rest will request to not have spare parts in their noodles.

The pata is really eye catching. I bet it must be good.