Friday, September 7, 2018

Late lunch


I used to buy my lunch from this eatery during our 1.5 year stay in Sibu from 2013 to 2014. Sibu Thomson Corner in Jalan Pedada.

After our hearty kampua and mixed pork soup breakfast, we rested and spent few hours in my sil's house while hubby went out to "yam cha" with few old classmates of his. By the time he was back, it was almost 12 noon. But no one complained of hunger (because the kids were busy with gadgets), so we only decided to go out for a very late lunch around 2pm.

Thomson Corner came to our mind as we were sure that most eateries would close around 2pm.  And we wanted something fast as we would be having an early dinner that evening.

There was a crowd in Thomson Corner but we were still able to find a table in the shop for lunch. 

Hubby and sil each had its nasi lemak special (RM6.20 per plate).


I noticed a new dish on the menu. Sambal nasi ikan pattaya (RM8.00) so I picked that as my lunch. The sambal and fried rice pattaya were nice enough but nothing fancy abut the fried fish fillet.



My girl had its nasi ikan pattaya (RM6.20).


First day of SST implementation but luckily no tax in this eatery.

6 comments:

suituapui said...

Nasi ikan? I like their nasi ayam pattaya, often ordered that. Did not order the laksa kah? See better than Kuching one or not. LOL!!!

mun said...

oh that is the fried fish? I thought is deep fried toast, lolx!

Libby said...

I like to order fried fish fillet for my bee hoon or nasi lemak

lina said...

Nice makan!

Sharon D. said...

I haven't had nasi lemak nor nasi pattaya in a long, long time - this is certainly making me drool ^.^

Sherry Go Sharing said...

dont know when will be able visit Kuching again. seem the last time we went was eldest 3yrs old. Sibu town long long time never go... good to see your update to know it :D