Friday, September 21, 2018

Only RM2!

They said this shop offers the cheapest chicken rice in Kuching! Onn Cafe.


They have few outlets around Kuching and one of them is in MJC. So near, yet I have never been there before. So my curiosity got into me one Saturday that I decided to try the chicken rice. Only RM2, so no harm trying and at the same time, don't expect much out of it!


The cafe in MJC was clean and it was just 11 am, and the noodle stall has closed and done for the day. The chicken rice wasn't much either. They almost finished the roasted chicken so I asked the waiter to mix with steamed chicken.


5 packs of chicken rice for RM10. Right after my order, a guy ordered 20 packs of chicken rice. I guess after that, the shop should have done and closed for the day.


Looked good for RM2. They definitely generous with the rice. The rice wasn't fragrant, couldn't detect any chicken oil in it but it was fluffy and soft.

The chicken meat was nice. A whole piece. Not like some chicken rice shop that slice the meat into half and bang or smash the meat before chopping and serving.


The chili dipping was fine. Good to go with the meat.


Overall, it is an economical lunch. Would I be back for it? Maybe. Or maybe not. Too many other nice and tastier food around that attract me. Lol.

11 comments:

Sharon D. said...

RM2?! Wow, that's a bargain and such a deal for anyone on a tight budget. If this is a charity, it's a good one :)

Ezvina said...

Wah, not bad huh.

Diana Diane Teo said...

RM2 is definitely cheap! I should inform my brothers about this cause both of them love chicken rice so much. Plus it's so near to their house.

Nancy Chan said...

RM2 for a packet of chicken rice with generous portion of rice and chicken is really cheap!

suituapui said...

We had RM2 chicken rice here, not anymore, I think. I'm sure lots will go and buy - many are not fussy, as long as they have something to it, that's good enough.

mun said...

looks like a lot of chicken meat so for rm2 it is a steal!

Imemily said...

RM2? I might be dreaming if I want it in KL
but I just dunno how the owner earns profit for living
anyway this is good thing especially for the poor who hardly earns any money

Libby said...

Yes, you are right, this looks good for just RM2, the chicken skin looks shiny and smooth, now I am craving for chicken rice after reading this

Wonder if the stall would last long and if they make any profit

Królowa Karo said...

Simple food at a fair price.

Twilight Man said...

Wow! That was so cheap! Even a cup of ice coffee is RM2.20 here

Nux V said...

RM2 chicken rice! that's unbelievable price, here i can only get rice (without chicken) with RM2...