Sunday, September 23, 2018

Mermaid mooncakes

Not an avid coffee drinker, I don't patronize those franchise coffee chains. If I ever visit one, I would order hot cocoa or one of its flavoured tea.

Not so long ago, my hubby bought home a big box of Starbucks; a gift from a customer. I never knew Starbucks has mooncakes. Do you know that? Or maybe I am the one that don't know as I don't visit the outlet.


The box was lovely. My man loved it so much that he kept it in his storeroom. He collects these stuff more than I do! 


In the box, there was a gift set of ceramic teapot and 2 cups. I loved them so much. And 4 mooncakes but my man ate one before he brought the gift home. Low sugar white lotus with yolk.

Mixed nuts

Okay, to be honest, the mooncakes looked good. Each imprinted with their signature twin-tailed mermaid, they are simply lovely to look at. But do they taste good than their looks?

My first taste of mooncake this year! Mixed nuts! Not overly sweet and very nutty. I had hard time cutting it because of the nuts.

Roselle blueberry was all pretty pink.


My Jamie ate most of this mooncake. He liked it maybe because he said it tasted like candy. It had that mild sweet fragrant.


Green tea keylime was my favourite among the three because of its milder flavour. Not sweet at all, I could detect the mild green tea with a bit of zest.



Happy Mid-Autumn celebration, guys!

14 comments:

suituapui said...

I have quite a few mooncakes this year as I managed to get some cheaper ones - cheaper, not cheap...not as expensive as those popular West Malaysian brands and not as sweet. Bet these Starbucks ones are very expensive!

Reanaclaire said...

Wow.. I didn't know Starbucks also come up with mooncakes.. and they are so delicately done too! Don't mind trying... hahahaa...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to you and your family...

Me not a fan of mixed nut, still prefer the traditional one...

Ezvina said...

Those mooncakes are too pretty to be eaten.
Mooncakes are so expensive now, last time I used to buy from Cosway. Now just eat whatever ppl give. Plus I kinda into the kampung style mooncake now, if those are consider mooncake at all la.

Libby said...

Yes, I know Starbucks do sell Mooncakes, the mooncakes look so lovely especially the pink one, not really a fan of mooncakes but just eat for the sake of the festival.

Happy Mid Autumn Festival to you and your family, Rose.

Merryn said...

Yes I am aware Starbucks has their own range of mooncakes. They have been selling it for years now but I have only purchased them once.

Królowa Karo said...

I have never tried a mooncake. I am very curious about their taste.

Sharon D. said...

Same here when it comes to coffee places for me - I take hot cocoa or tea. Tea mostly.

These mooncakes look beautiful. Argh, I am so loving the set! Happy Mooncake day to you and your family, Rose xx

Twilight Man said...

Next year I must look our for Starbuck's Moon Cakes too! I love to eat the mixed nuts.

Nancy Chan said...

I didn't know that Starbucks has moon cakes. I too like the ceramic tea set. I have not been buying moon cakes for many years. The ones I have tasted were gifts from friends and relatives.

PH said...

Oh, they have mooncakes! Very attractive.

The Yum List said...

First I've seen a mermaid mooncake :-)

Diana Diane Teo said...

I bought Starbucks mooncakes 10 years ago, when I was still a student in college. Well, one of my classmates was working part-time there and so he can bought for discount. I still remember my mom love the Starbucks mooncakes so much until she asked me to buy more boxes. But now I don't buy anymore cause I not sure still taste good as last time.

mun said...

The starbuck mooncakes look so pretty.