Sunday, September 30, 2018

While waiting

Taekwondo upgrading test for both Jan and Jay last Sunday. One for blue tip belt and another for red belt.


Their test was held in the Taekwondo centre in Stutong (above Fat Cat Cafe). So that morning, we had an early lunch in Fat Cat before they started their test at 1pm.


Fat Cat Cafe (now is renamed as F. C. Food and Drink Cafe) is known for its Sarawak laksa. A bowl of Sarawak laksa (RM6) for my man to start off his lunch.


He also had this lovely kueh chap cheng (RM8) to share with me. I loved it. The broth was nice. Plentiful of meats and goodies in the bowl.


I also shared this Chinese economy rice (RM6) with Jamie. Very home cooked. I liked it.

We didn't wait there for them to finish and neither did we went home. Usually it took around 1.5 to 2 hours, depends on your belt (level). Since Giant was not too far, we decided to go there for a walk while waiting for both to finish the test.


We walked around the supermarket. But our main reason was to visit the Baker's Talk. To buy its freshly baked donuts! Only available on Sundays, and they are selling like hot cakes!!


We love the donuts very much and since we don't go to that part of the area very often, we bought a lot whenever we visit. 

12 comments:

suituapui said...

Oh my!!! He had laksa AND kueh chap too!!! LOL!!!

PH said...

Pretty soon both your kids will have black belt!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Longing for Sarawak laksa...

Ezvina said...

Donuts, only on Sundays? Interesting.

Merryn said...

The rice with fish at only RM6 is reasonably priced. Usually if I take fish it will cost more than that.

mun said...

Wow, Jay and Jan are going to be taekwondo experts soon.

Blackswan said...

Wah, your kids are taking up Taekwondo? Now you've got 2 bodyguards! xoxo

Libby said...

The kweh chap looks good, Giant in Singapore are closing down their outlets

Reanaclaire said...

I like these authentic doughnuts too! I remember when I was small, I used to eat these during lunch, they were just fresh from the oven and those days, these were sold at 15 cents! LOL.. now I cannot imagine how much...

Nancy Chan said...

Your economy rice looks good!

Unknown said...

Donut reminded me of the craze many years back
now I don't see the long queue anymore
in KL, my family seldom go Giant as the goods not selling cheap plus the food products mostly near expiry (that's from what I encountered, not represents whole situation)

Sharon D. said...

Hah! My kind of doughnuts. The original stuff.
The kueh chap looks so delicious. How nice if I could get some now.