Tuesday, July 18, 2017

London | night light

After a short nap to recover from the long flight and sleepless trip, hubby and I went for our own adventure.

We took the tube (train) to see the London Eye, River Thames, Big Ben and Tower Bridge in the evening.

By the time we reached the Eye, it was after 9pm and the day started to turn dark. Even that did not stop a big crowd of people at the park from enjoying their summer. The view from the park was lovely.

We then walked back to Waterloo Station which was about 5 minutes walking time. We had our dinner at the Black & Blue Restaurant (opposite Waterloo Station) before taking our train back to our hotel. It was after 11pm but the station was very packed with train goers. Now I knew what the meaning of "The city that never sleeps". ^^

London Eye


Big Ben and Tower Bridge across the Thames river


Ice cream truck

Waterloo station

Thames river from the park

My grilled salmon with chips

In Waterloo station at 11pm

8 comments:

suituapui said...

Beautiful shots! A (not so young, English, I guess) lady in a fur coat stopped her car beside me as I was walking back to Malaysia Hall in London one night and she said, "I need company!" So exciting! LOL!!!

mun said...

what a wonderful evening experience in London!

PH said...

So nice!

Nancy Chan said...

A beautiful start to your holiday. Have a wonderful day!

Libby said...

Lovely photos, thanks for sharing.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Look forward to more of your holiday post...

Reanaclaire said...

Nice shots, Rose.. I was there in the evening too after dinner to walk around, shedding off the dinner's calories... during that time, I was wearing thicker clothing, cold in the evening.. :) You really look very comfortable just wearing short sleeves!

Sharon D. said...

What a lovely adventure, Rose. Lovely shots of your holiday. I can only imagine how many you must have took. I know I would probably reach hundreds! ;P