Friday, November 20, 2015

Schools ended with a proud mom

Finally the school calendar for 2015 has ended and I couldn't be any happier and a proud mom.  Please bear with me as I go on talking about my kids. *wink wink*

It has been a good school year for Jan and Jay as both adjusting well in their respective schools. They met new friends, new teachers and both have learnt and developed new skills this year.

With his trademark sign and smile!

Jay had his graduation concert last Saturday afternoon in his kindergarden and I am happy to note that he has grown more confident and catching up in his learning from his teachers.

Jay's assessment tests

When he began school early this year, the teachers had problem with him as he is a slow learner but glad that the teachers took extra time to guide him after school.  I also found a good tuition centre and since then, he has improved well.  Hope he will do better and adapt well when going to primary school next year.

Jan is truly an amazing girl, and I am proud of how she is doing in school.  This term exam however, her result dropped in one subject but overall she did well. Too much fun and relax this time round, maybe. Lol.


Jan's Primary 3 report card


Teacher commented Jan is a good student; hard-working and smart. She is also very active; volunteered in few competitions in school this year and sometime she could be disheartened for not winning something but I have to remind her that it is the participation and interest that matter. Winning is not everything, I told her.  Now she just join any contests and activities for the fun and challenges!  She has at least got a trophy or certificate every year, which is a good achievement to me. :)

Consolation trophy in Maths competition

And Jan ends the year with a 3rd placing in overall Primary 3 academic achievement in her school. Well done, Jan!
With her bronze trophy

And by the way, I noticed that Jan started to have that underarm odor few weeks ago. At 9 1/2 years old, she has that stinky smell whenever I pick her up from school! She did not realised it till I could not stand it one day and get her a natural roll-on to be used in the morning. Gosh, I guess that it is  a sign of her growing up.

I am truly blessed to have wonderful kids.  Each one is different, they are special to me.

And thank you, guys for reading my post!  Hahaha!  Have a great weekend, everyone!

13 comments:

Sharon D. said...

You have amazing kids, Rose and it's all thanks to wonderful parents. Wishing you a wonderful weekend too. xo

mun said...

Well done to Jan and Jay! Not to mention Jamie too who has mastered a few skills too - such as feeding himself and etc.

Princess Ribbon said...

Well done to the princess & prince! Yup school holiday coming.. Another normal day to me coz they still go to daycare as usual, the only difference is no need wear school uniform, hehe..

lina said...

Congrats to the kiddos!

I've also asked my son to wear deodorant nowadays. He's 13. ;)

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Enjoy your weekend ya...

Hayley said...

Wow, well done kids! You sure are a proud mummy!

Nancy Chan said...

You have done a good job and have been a dedicated mom to your kids. And your kids are well brought up and they too have worked hard. This is a great reward for you and your kids.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Well done, the two! All grown now, getting on so well.

Yannie said...

Rose, kudos to your children.

Happy mother, happy kids, and happy family. Enjoy the school holidays that start from today.

Blackswan said...

Congrats on a job well done for raising wonderful kids, dear! Real happy for you :D

Libby said...

I can feel your joy as a mother, I have a nephew and I also do hope for him that he has a good education and grow up to be a fine young man

Agnes CF Lee said...

Wonderful kids you have..very good results & school activities. Parents' efforts count too !!

Ezvina said...

So happy for you.