Tuesday, November 17, 2015

On my mind

Gone back to Ice Buddy CafĂ© few days after we had lunch there.  It was impromptu; I found a nice parking spot and it was not yet 12noon so we could avoid the lunch crowd.

Once I were there, I knew what I wanted to eat. Something that has been on my mind since our last lunch.

Lo bak rice. Braised meat rice. No wonder hubby enjoyed it because they were pretty generous with the meat portion and the braised pork belly was well braised.
 

The pork belly has got to be the star of the dish.  Thick and big slices of succulent meat and fat.  There was only half of hard-boiled egg and few slices (3 to be exact) of chicken meat given. 


They did not give you any chilli sauce or dipping to go with the meats but it was okay with me. Instead I got this curry sauce.  Not much but I did pour some of the curry onto my white rice.  This stall also have curry rice.  Maybe I will keep it in mind the next round I am here.



12 comments:

mun said...

you mean they serve you the braised meat rice with the curry sauce? So you took it separately from the stall?

Rose world said...

Yes. They gave me a small bowl of curry gravy.

Anonymous said...

If something is nice, I do not need any sauces, can enjoy the taste. But the sauce would be great for the plain white rice, curry is good too.

Ezvina said...

Never been to this cafe. Would love to try that Lor rice.

Sharon D. said...

Have never tried lo bak rice. Sure looks good! :D

Nancy Chan said...

Lobak rice is new to me. Given a chance I must try. Have a beautiful day!

Unknown said...

thats new, curry sauce. Curry does goes well i guess.

Princess Ribbon said...

I prefer curry sauce/gravy/soup anytime.. More filling & satisfying.. Especially when I'm having chee cheong fun (sweet sauce), and they give another bowl of curry "soup", that's satisfying !! Yummzzz..

wenn said...

looks yummy..

trishie said...

I'm cooking this for dinner tonight! What a coincidence. Hope mine tastes just as good

Small Kucing said...

Pork belly? Did i read correctly. One of my fav leh :)

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Got chance, i wanna try it...