Okay, this is a very overdue post which was left in my draft folder for quite some time. Forgot to post it. Lol.
The weather is getting cold and wet in Kuching as monsoon season is here.
One Saturday morning, we woke up late and the sky outside was raining cats and dogs. Actually the rain has been pouring since the night before, non-stop till the next morning. Hubby was travelling that day so left me and kids at home.
Since it rained, I made us a quick breakfast fix that morning. I had some leftover white bread so before it went stale, I thought of using them up over the weekend.
This is a very simple and quick toast which I enjoy as it has my favourite ingredients, i.e. tomatoes and cheese. Nothing could go wrong with those 2 ingredients. They are perfect match made in heaven (or rather, earth!). *wink wink*
Cheese & tomato toast
4 white bread slices
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp chopped tomatoes, drained from can (I used this can of chopped tomatoes)
1 tbsp chopped basil lemon
1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
Grated parmesan cheese
Salt to taste
1. Toast the bread slices so they can be firm to hold the filling on top when bake.
2. In a bowl, mix garlic and basil leaves with olive oil. Add salt to taste and mix well.
3. Spread the garlic and basil mixture evenly on the bread slices. Then add the chopped tomatoes on top.
4. Gently spread the parmesan cheese evenly on top. And then the same goes with mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake for about 4 - 5 minutes in pre-heated oven till the cheese melt.6. Serve with salad at the side! Eat while it is warm!