Sunday, November 22, 2015

Weekend Menu #74: Cheese & tomato toast

Okay, this is a very overdue post which was left in my draft folder for quite some time. Forgot to post it. Lol.

The weather is getting cold and wet in Kuching as monsoon season is here. 

One Saturday morning, we woke up late and the sky outside was raining cats and dogs. Actually the rain has been pouring since the night before, non-stop till the next morning. Hubby was travelling that day so left me and kids at home.

Since it rained, I made us a quick breakfast fix that morning. I had some leftover white bread so before it went stale, I thought of using them up over the weekend.

This is a very simple and quick toast which I enjoy as it has my favourite ingredients, i.e. tomatoes and cheese.  Nothing could go wrong with those 2 ingredients.  They are perfect match made in heaven (or rather, earth!).  *wink wink*


Cheese & tomato toast

Ingredients:
4 white bread slices
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp chopped tomatoes, drained from can (I used this can of chopped tomatoes)

1 tbsp chopped basil lemon
1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
Grated parmesan cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Salt to taste
Methods:
1. Toast the bread slices so they can be firm to hold the filling on top when bake.
2. In a bowl, mix garlic and basil leaves with olive oil. Add salt to taste and mix well.
3. Spread the garlic and basil mixture evenly on the bread slices. Then add the chopped tomatoes on top.
4. Gently spread the parmesan cheese evenly on top.  And then the same goes with mozzarella cheese.

5. Bake for about 4 - 5 minutes in pre-heated oven till the cheese melt.
6. Serve with salad at the side!  Eat while it is warm!

13 comments:

Imemily said...

it looks yummy :D

ChrisAu said...

Wow .. It does looks good !!

Anonymous said...

That's nice, Can use fresh tomatoes?

Rose world said...

Even better!! ^^

Nancy Chan said...

A yummy breakfast with piping hot coffee or nescafe for a cold, rainy morning! Have a blessed Sunday!

Joyce Rachel Lee said...

I want to make these!!!! :D

Libby said...

Looks good, I am hungry

Princess Ribbon said...

Your cheese and tomato toast looks so delicious. I don't have time to put in oven early morning, coz I'm rushing to work.. I had egg mayo+cheese+tomatoes too, with bread, but without putting it in oven, nice also, hehe..

Agnes CF Lee said...

wow, that added so much flavour to the plain bread,,good idea.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

If me, as i am a meaty person, will add it ham, hehe...

Diana Diane Teo said...

Both of my parents just came back from Kuching and told me it's raining almost every day.

I also did this bread for my brother and we added sausages, tuna and we called it as pizza bread. Hahahaha

mun said...

This is like mini pizza! Easy to eat and flavouful!

Sharon D. said...

This looks amazingly yummy. Thumbs up! ^.^