Monday, November 9, 2015

When life gives me spring onions

There is a famous quote, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade".

I have not yet plant a lemon tree so no chance of making fresh lemonade from my humble garden. But what would you do when life gives you spring onions?? 

Never throw those empty egg cartons away as you could re-cycle them and turn them into a spring onions planter.


Make small hole on each egg holder using kitchen scissor on the carton so water flow out at the bottom. Do the same on few other cartons. Stack the cartons and start planting those onions. Water them twice a day and keep them under shed.


But again those grow on the soil would strive faster!! Now I have so much spring onions to use!! I basically put spring onions in most of my dishes.

As garnishing in my fried noodle.

Some day, I made a delicious spring onion stuffed omelette for dinner.

Ingredients:
2 medium sized egg
1/4 cup of chopped spring onion
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp fresh milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Methods:
1. In a bowl, break and slowly stir the egg with milk.
2. Add spring onion, cheese, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. In a greased pan under low heat, pour in the egg mixture. Cook for about 2 minutes before fold the egg. Cook for a while till egg is done.


So, when life gives me spring onions, I say let's make omelette! *wink wink*

11 comments:

Linda said...

Everything looks wonderful, Rose!!! :)

Princess Ribbon said...

Wow, after seeing your spring onion plant, I also feel like planting some, for fun, hehe..

Blackswan said...

I'm certainly impressed, dear! I love adding lots of spring onions in my food too!

Small Kucing said...

a lovely way to recycle the egg tray.

Anonymous said...

I also plant my own but they do not grow fast enough for my missus. So annoyed that she would use so much in her cooking and she cuts them so long and throw in too, how to get the fragrance out like that. Tsk! Tsk!

Ezvina said...

I also plant my onion on the egg holder after I saw the pic on FB on day. Yours look so much healthier tho.

Libby said...

When life gives you spring onions, make omelette! Haha

Somewhere in Singapore said...

That's interesting, i never plant spring onion before...

mun said...

I love to eat spring onion!

Yee Ling said...

I also growing my own spring onion at home. Love to see them growing taller and taller every day.

I used to eat with my instant kampua. Yummm....

Merryn said...

I have spring onions in milk cartons at home. They grow very quickly. I like to add them into my clear soups.