Monday, November 2, 2015

Weekend Menu #73: Sticky cola prime ribs

I tasted cola glazed pork rib before but I forgot where I had it. Then I tasted cola pork belly during Jay's birthday few months ago when my bil helped with the bbq. 

I may not be too fond of the drink but when it is used in cooking, I don't mind the carbonated drink as it gives that extra sweetness and flavour.

The other evening, I adapted this recipe for my sticky cola prime ribs. I love prime ribs as they are meaty.


Ingredients:
500g prime ribs, cut into bitable size
1/2 portion of Coca-Cola (I used the bottle)

Marinade:
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp Shao Xing wine
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp cornflour

Methods:
1. Marinate the prime ribs with marinade for at least 2 hours in fridge.
2. In heated flip pan, arrange the prime ribs. Close the lid.
3. Let it cook for 2 minutes on each side. Then open the lid and pour in the Coca-Cola. Close the lid.
4. Lower the heat to the lowest and let it simmer for 30 minutes.  In between the cooking time, flip the pan thrice.
5. Let it cool down before arrange in a serving plate and garnish with spring onion.


18 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, looks great, Rose! I am getting hungry looking at your photos. Thanks o much for sharing. :)

Nancy Chan said...

I have not tried using cola for cooking but I have used beer before. Let me get some pork ribs to try out your yummy recipe!

Merryn said...

Looks great! Maybe I'll try this one of these days. Thank you for sharing :D

mun said...

Must be so delicious fingers licking good!

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy! Yet to try cooking anything with cola, or for that matter, with stout or beer as well. Not very adventurous, me. Old kampung style. :D

Princess Ribbon said...

Looks delicious.. I'm not a fan of Marmite chicken but this Cola chicken, maybe I can try..

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Maybe can try out one of the day if i am not lazy...

Hayley said...

Looks good! Now even soft drinks also can use in cooking ya?

Sharon D. said...

YummyyYy, Rose! Finger-licking stuff! ^.^

Agnes CF Lee said...

I have tried Cola chicken before but not pork..yes, it gives a sweet taste to the cooking, very tasty.

Billy Toh said...

Gosh! This looks great! I'm a fan of Coke but I've never tried it in any of my cooking. Perhaps it's time to try something new. Thanks for sharing your post!! Love it!

wenn said...

looks yummy...should try it one day.

ChrisAu said...

Yummy ... Looks good !!

Yee Ling said...

I only use Coke to make the cola wings not pork though. Shall give a try some day. Yours look fingers licking good!

trishie said...

Looks so good! I can just imagine biting into one now

Huai Bin said...

Lovely!

I've had this quite a few times too, once with my better half. I've also tried it with beer (which works well too) - just need to do it longer so the alcohol evaporates and leaves only the taste of the beer or else raw alcohol doesn't taste good.

Agnes CF Lee said...

Add cola in the ingredient will provide a sweet taste..I would like to try it too...I have of people using Stout as ingredient too :D

Unknown said...

my favourite cola! mixed with meat...hmmm...

but i do know cola goes well with chicken!