I tasted cola glazed pork rib before but I forgot where I had it. Then I tasted cola pork belly during Jay's birthday few months ago when my bil helped with the bbq.
I may not be too fond of the drink but when it is used in cooking, I don't mind the carbonated drink as it gives that extra sweetness and flavour.
The other evening, I adapted this recipe for my sticky cola prime ribs. I love prime ribs as they are meaty.
500g prime ribs, cut into bitable size
1/2 portion of Coca-Cola (I used the bottle)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp Shao Xing wine
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tbsp cornflour
1. Marinate the prime ribs with marinade for at least 2 hours in fridge.
2. In heated flip pan, arrange the prime ribs. Close the lid.
3. Let it cook for 2 minutes on each side. Then open the lid and pour in the Coca-Cola. Close the lid.
4. Lower the heat to the lowest and let it simmer for 30 minutes. In between the cooking time, flip the pan thrice.
5. Let it cool down before arrange in a serving plate and garnish with spring onion.