Sunday, March 30, 2014

Weekend Menu # 59: Warming chicken soup

School holiday is over and tomorrow kids are going back to schools. It has been a relaxing holiday for me after back from Thailand a week ago as both older kids were holidaying in Kapit with their grandparents. Since both kids were not around, I have tv all to myself. Lol.

And I hardly cooked for the past week. Like what hubby said, kitchen was closed. Now the kids are at home, I have to start cooking again. I actually prefer to eat in than bringing them out for meals. Less headache. 

I have a pack of this ning shen soup pack from Eu Yan Sang when I got it for my gift hamper.  Hubby asked me to cook some chicken soup few days ago, so I decided to use this pack for my chicken soup.




The herbs are ready packed, so basically just throw everything and thawed chicken meat into slow cooker.  Cook for 2 -3 hours and then add light soy sauce and salt to taste.



And I have a very nice, sweet herbal chicken soup for everyone.  Suppose to be for body warming and good for the heart function.
.

11 comments:

Sharon D. said...

Hi Rose, welcome back. I'm sure you had a great time in Thailand! ^.^

I've been away too - 3 weeks in Sabah! Now, I am home sweet home and catching up on blog reading again ;)

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Nice, chicken soup is one soup that i like...

Reanaclaire said...

More healthy to eat at home than outside food. The soup looks great, Rose!

suituapui said...

Ginseng is cooling leh... Warming, kacang ma - lots of ginger or the Foochow char bee lau (fragrant root). But weather so hot, should not take those "heaty" stuff.

Coffee Girl said...

weather so hot but inside got aircond... hehe. I love herbal chicken soup! so easy to make too. I normally just use the store bought packet that costs between RM7-RM8. Never tried Eu Yan Sang, but that packaging looks nice. You ever tried using kampung chicken? would taste even better! Have a good week ahead Rose! :)

mun said...

Good to be home, right? Your chicken soup looks very tasty and nourishing. Yummy!

Azura Chan said...

Home cooked is always the best. This is healthy food. :)

Princess Ribbon said...

I have exactly the same packet too, from Eu Yan Sang hamper, from CNY.. Keeping it til now, coz usually I boil ABC soup.. Seeing your post now, I think I need to use up the packet..

ChrisAu said...

Good, drink some herbal soup to replenish the yin and the yang.

Ezvina said...

I also cooked this a lot, but I think also think that this pre-mix is a bit expensive..sigh..

Small Kucing said...

i made herbal chicken yesterday