Saturday, March 8, 2014

On the first floor

We went to Tiong Hua market this morning as we heard you can find many hawkers' food served there. Parking is hard to find but lucky for us, we managed to find one within a minute.


The ground floor of the market serves as a wet market, while first floor is hawker food market.  We went straight to first floor and hunt for food.  We saw this hawker stall with catchy sign and banner. So many choices to choose from.

I tried its kueh chap (RM4.00).  Many ingredients in my bowl, but I do not like the taste of the soup which is more peppery and sweet.  Taste more like beef soup than kueh chap soup, which is supposed to be salty.
 


 
Hubby had its beef fried noodle (RM3.50).  Tasted good enough and the beef is tasty and sweet as I believed they marinated the beef.
 

 

My boy has its kampua (RM3.50).  Very big portion and he only can ate almost half of the serving.  
 
That was our breakfast on a Saturday morning.  

5 comments:

suituapui said...

Hah!!! You've beaten me to it. Never been there. They say the one on the top floor of the market at the Dewan Surah, next to Tung Hua School, has some very nice stuff. Never been there either. No lift. Hehehehehehe!!!!!

Reanaclaire said...

The kampua noodles is tbe most thing missed by me... Can never get enough while in Sibu last time..

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The kway chap in Malaysia and SG different, Malaysia ingredients with the chap, Singapore, ingredients and chap separate...

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Nyummy! You were very lucky to get a nice parking space.

mun said...

I like to eat Kueh Chap. Only ate it in Singapore because I do not know any shops in KL that serves Kueh Chap. Your Kueh Chap looks good although you said that it has too much pepper.