Another simple pork belly dish. I simply love the saltiness of the nam yue in the pork belly.
Pork belly, sliced
1 tbsp. ginger, grated
2 tbsp. nam yue sauce with 1 nam yue cube, smashed
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp. light soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
White pepper dash
1 stalk spring onion (green part only), chopped (for garnish)
1 iceberg lettuce leaf, washed (for garnish)
1. Marinate the sliced pork belly with all the ingredients, except spring onion and iceberg lettuce
2. Leave in fridge for at least 2 hours (I leave for 6 hours)
3. Heat up a pan with 1 tbsp. oil. No need too much oil as pork belly will release lot of fat in the cooking process.
4. Place the sliced pork belly one by one in the pan. Turn to the other side.
5. Throw in the remaining marinade and continue cooking and stirring till the pork belly is cooked
6. Place lettuce leaf on a serving plate. Scoop the pork belly on top of the lettuce leaf and garnish with spring onion.