Hubby came back with 100 assortment of sio pau, yam puffs and curry puffs from Kuching last Saturday. So we have been eating them for breakfast for 2 days. Of course we sorted and gave away most to hubby's relatives in Sibu and only take few of the 3 puffs for ourselves.
The oval shaped puff is curry puff, rough oval is yam while underneath them is round sio pau.
When I run out of idea of what to prepare for dinner, I would resort to fried chicken wings. Simple, delicious and surely finished up in few minutes time!! *wink*
This is a very simple recipe from My Wok Life that I enjoyed and always fry in my kitchen for my family. I always choose the less meaty chicken wings for frying. Well, we enjoy the skins more than the meat when it comes to fried chicken wings. Just marinate the chicken wings in the morning and by evening, the chicken wings are ready to be fried.
8 chicken wings, cut at joints
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp Shao Xing Wine
1 cube of Maggi chicken stock
Cornflour for coating
1. Marinate the chicken wings with oyster sauce, Shao Xing Wine and chicken stocks in a bowl.
2. Keep in fridge for at least 6 hours
3. When ready for frying, coat the chicken wings with cornflour.
4. When oil is hot enough, fry the chicken wings in batch till golden brown.
5. Drain in kitchen towel and serve.
p/s you can add few dashes of pepper during marination.