Monday, May 18, 2009

Operation; it shall be

I would be going for Caesarian again. I guess I am getting older. No longer have the guts to try natural birth. Probably I have been there, through there, so I know what to expect out of Caesarian. Just basically nurses get you ready, push you to the operation hall and the next thing you know, you wake up in blur state and been wheeled back to your ward. Lol! No labour pain and incision on that area to worry about.

In earlier months, I agreed with hubby on trying natural birth but after thinking and reading so much about the natural birth experiences and what other people been through, I freaked out! Let say I have a sudden ‘nightmare’ of thinking about natural birth. So in my 3rd month (I think), I told hubby he better stands by additional money as I am opting for Caesarian. No further argument or persuasion. I don’t want to think too much about it.

I don’t know about you, people keep saying that C-section pain is more severe than natural birth. I can endure it last time. It is not that painful as I expected or probably I have higher pain endurance. I did not take any painkiller subscribed by my doctor and I got up from my bed and walk slowly to see my baby in the baby corner down the hall on the next evening after my operation. Yes, C-section is considered a major operation as it is on your lower abdomen and it takes time to heal as well as difficult to slim down those fatty area, but I don’t mind all those. Like I said, been through it, so I know what to expect. Natural birth is totally a new experience for me and for now, I don’t have the heart to try it. *wink*

We haven't decide on the date as it is still early and few more months to go. It is very coincident, like my previous one where nearing to my due date, my gynae would be traveling. This time round she would be gone from 24 to 28 August. I am due on 2 September. The previous time she also gone traveling and I have to wait for her to come back and arrange date and time for my little gal’s delivery. Her previous travelling freaked me out, because what would happen if my baby was due early??? I know it was not end of the world, as other doctor can take over if my baby decided to come out earlier, but the anxiety was there. If you asked me, am I nervous about my 2nd delivery? You bet I am. Every delivery is totally different experience. And a mother’s job is not ending there. It is just a beginning and it begins when you hold your baby in your arms!

8 comments:

Merryn said...

u know what? i opt for C-Sec da moment i knew i was pregnant n never looked back since then. i even opt to take the baby out at 38 weeks as i got really anxious dy... i was 'slaughtered' around noon n got up at 5am the very next day to care for my little one in the special care nursery. why i chose c-sec? i guess normal delivery freaks me out too. i experience no pain at all and i was concious the whole time. only bottom half motionless. i took epidural though... my next pregnancy? gonna do everything exactly like my first time! another thing, i got back to my old weight in no time too! guess running after the little one helps!

Agnes said...

i had c-sec for both kids. I had my emergency C-sec for my son and like u I dun want to try natural delivery cause i'm scare of pain...so I choose C-sec for my daughter too.

Dav DiDi said...

Hhhmmmm ....I studied biology before and normal birth mentioned in the books freaks me out as well ... good thing is I don't have to worry about it now.. haha!

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

As a male, I would be scared if my wif go for that. I prefer my wife to give a normal birth. But, it is always up the mother to decide. I don't mind. All the best to you yeah? Hopefully the baby will come to this world just fine...

Ezvina said...

c-sec or natural, not easy to decide. Just follow your heart.

osindak said...

Hi Rose! I wanted normal birth for my 1st baby but I had complications, so had to undergo c-sec.. From what I've heard from my friends who went through normal deliveries, the worse pain is during the 1st week. I guess it's the same with c-sec too... After that, things do get better lah. :) whatever it is, the most important thing is baby and mom are healthy and well kan :) take care ya!

NomadicMom said...

Hi! Both my boys are also delivered via C-Section. First one was an emergency C-Section. Second one...doctor advised against from trying natural as he said I had a weird shaped pelvic bone. He said that I could try and if cannot, then emergency C-Section. Of course I "fai-see" torture myself for hours and then end up C-section like the first child. So straight went ahead with planned C-Section aje lah.

spymama said...

don't worry dear. i've had c-section as well for both my children. first was involutary and my second i chose it because of the fear of another emergency c-section (after trying too hard to push and having all that pain).

the only thing is we cannot be active in sports while healing but frankly, i think c-section without pain and cuts down there is still worth it. we do get to enjoy painless labour. go for it. i support you all the way.