Thursday, May 7, 2009

All-about-me post

#1 Finally I found a confinement lady after few weeks of searching. Been asking around from old friends, cousins and ex-colleagues on good confinement ladies; the answers would be either they have bad experience with their own confinement ladies or they are taken care by their mothers or mothers-in-law during confinement period. We did not get the previous lady as we had bad experience with her ourselves. All said, I am glad to be able to get one. Don’t know how good is this lady but her fee is sure expensive.

The lady is charging RM2500 exclusive of ang pow for day and night care and stay at my house. 3 years ago, the charge was RM2200 exclusive of ang pow. I guess like other thing, confinement lady fee also increase in line with the economy crisis. Paid her RM300 deposit on Tuesday.

#2 There is a new confinement centre that recently open up at Tabuan. It is so happen that the centre is opened by my little gal’s pediatrician. Don’t get a change to ask her how much is the fee, but this concept is relatively new in Kuching. For those who unable to find a confinement lady or don’t mind checking in the centre for a month, you may consider going to this centre.

#3 Now in my 23rd week, baby’s kicks are stronger and frequent. At night the kicks are more intense, sometimes I have hard times sleeping comfortably. Once a while I feel a slight cramp on one of my leg if been in one position for long time. I find it hard to get up from my bed, need to slowly get myself up with one arm on my side. Squatting and kneeling are definitely difficult tasks now. Once I squat or knee, I need to take some time to get up. Feel my tummy (or probably I should say, my whole body) is heavier now.

#4 I getting more hungry especially at night. I couldn’t stop thinking about food. Gosh! Usually I will have some breads in the kitchen in case I need a munch at night, or get hubby to buy some porridge when he is on his way back from office. I put on much weight on my tummy (naturally), buttock and breasts. I look broader now in the middle. No changes on my legs and arms; it is like I am out of proportion. My weight now is 57.6kg and my doctor said it is increasing gradually but not that much unlike my previous pregnancy. Before pregnancy, my weight was around 51kg.

My breasts are bigger by 1 size and I couldn’t fit well in my current bras. I don’t use much of those bras with wires nowadays unless I go out. As most of the time I am at home, I go either braless or wear those bras without wire like maternity bras. I couldn’t believe that I still can fit into my maternity bras that I bought 3 years ago. *wink*

Havent really buy new bras for myself since I find I don’t really need to, but I definitely spent some money on panties. Those big grandma panties. Lol!

#5 We will be going back to Kapit for Gawai holiday next month. That time I would be around 27th week. My gynae gave me green light to travel so it is still consider safe to travel at such stage. Since I am flying, I will need to go back to her to collect a doctor's letter in 3 weeks time before I am flying off. Otherwise the airline may not allow me to board the aeroplane that time!

#6 It has been over 2 months since I become a SAHM. Once a while I do miss the life of been a working mum with career and personal goals in mind. Hmm, I am a bit worry now that once I deliver, I wonder whether I could find a suitable job or not, or would I be used to working again after been off for some many months!

#7 Mother’s Day would be this Sunday. So, I would like to wish all Mothers and Mothers-to-be around the world a Happy Mother’s Day. Thank you for bringing joy and happiness to this world.

17 comments:

Ezvina said...

Happy mother's day to you too!

Hazel said...

Rm 2500..it's reasonable lah my one rm 2800 because she said needs jaga Nelson

princess said...

truly when you reach later in the stage of pregnancy your breasts will be larger than before, mine was 44D and when I was pregnant, I became 48D. What is your size now rose? If you don't wear bra at home, wouldn't your breasts drop and sag? need support for big sizes.

Happy Mother's Day to You Rose

Merryn said...

was about to leave a comment when i got distracted by princess' bra size! dat is pretty big leap! i mean b4 to during pregnancy! mine rose like only a cup size?

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Happy Mother's day to you!

michelle@mybabybay said...

Confinement lady is so in demand and the charges are sky hi. Good that you found one.

princess said...

Yes Merryn, It was a big leap in my breasts cup size. I had to get totally new maternity bras for my pregnancy. I even encountered back problems sometimes. What was your size during your pregnancy?

princess said...

Yes Merryn, It was a big leap in my breasts cup size. I had to get totally new maternity bras for my pregnancy. I even encountered back problems sometimes. What was your size during your pregnancy?

Rose world said...

I used to be size 38D, now 1 cup bigger! I have tough time finding suitable bras! :p

2crazydogs said...

happy mother's day to you, Rose! Hope you have a great day.

princess said...

38D is a wonderful size. Big and nice. I usually use Triumph bras and sometimes but from overseas. What brand do you use Rose? If you have difficulty in getting suitable bras, I can help.

Kristie said...

Enjoy ur pregnancy dear :) it's great and sexy to be preggie!

Rose world said...

Princess, I hunt around the Triumph and Sorella brands! :)

princess said...

Rose, both Maternity Triumph and Sorella has front opening. I find that better than the back closure. Easier to wear. Find the ones without padding , it is more comfortable and sexy too. It lets your nipples softly touch the bras. You would like it.

Sue Sue said...

Eh your side confinement lady RM2500 still cheap leh. Here I heard already RM3000. Adui really expensive hor.

Unknown said...

Hi Rose,

I came across your blog while searching for confinement lady. In fact, i've sent u an email last week asking about it, but didn't hear from you. Seriously, can you please share with me about your confinement lady? Is she good? I need 1 for myself in july. I've rang 4 of them (those people recommended good), but all booked!! I would like to hear your comment on yours and if good, can i have her contacts please. Thank you.

Unknown said...

The data you have posted is extremely helpful. The destinations you have alluded was great. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing.. confinement centre