Friday, March 1, 2019

As usual

It has been a wet weekend lately over here. And last Sunday wasn't an exception as we had a rather heavy rain in the morning. 


Opposite is the Teochew temple

And with such cold and wet weather, one would feel like having something warm. And the thought of Sarawak laksa sounds enticing all the sudden. 


That was how we ended up in Lau Ya Keng on Sunday morning. We braved the rain, parked our car behind the post office and walked through the shops to reach Lau Ya Keng. 


The place wasn't packed as it was just slightly after 8am. While waiting for our food, we took the time to look around this old building. Used to be an opera place here, I don't think they hold any opera shows anymore. 

A glass of nice, thick teh o to warm me up.


Hubby had his usual whenever we came here. Kueh chap without Kueh for RM8! 


And my normal size laksa. RM6 for this lovely bowl of Sarawak laksa. The last time I had its laksa was when our KL friends came over and we took them here for breakfast on their last day before they flew home. 

As usual, kolo mee for the kids. Each with their own kolo mee. The portion wasn't much so they could finished up the noodle on their own, including Jamie. 


After our breakfast, we headed back to our car. The rain still persisted and it only stopped around 1pm that day, just when we reached home after church and lunch. 

8 comments:

suituapui said...

They do hold opera shows there and whatever on some Chinese festivals every year - best avoided during those times, jammed. It sure looks very nice and clean now, not the Lao Ya Keng I knew and lived so well a long time ago.

mun said...

Good to have some rain because the weather is so hot nowadays. Tasty breakfast for everyone early morning.

lina said...

Ya, it's so hot nowadays. I don't mind some rain too.

Twilight Man said...

Wow! I would love to eat Kueh Chap without Kueh. I love the soup and didn;t know we could order like this.

Libby said...

I am a big eater, I eat my Kueh Chap with two bowls of Kueh LOL.

Weather is so hot recently so I would welcome some rain or sometimes I stay indoor with the aircon on.

Agnes CF Lee said...

Good that you have some rain..it's warm and dry for the past week here. Hope for some rain to shower us and the plants.

Reanaclaire said...

Ipoh is also having hot weather though there was a thunderstorm last night... one can really get cooked if stand under the sun too long.. :) I took curry noodles this morning with pig skin and long beans.. :)

Nancy Chan said...

Laksa and kolo mee look good. We need more rain to cool the temperature.