Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Serikin Marketplace

The last time we drove over here was during last Hari Raya when our KL friends came over to visit us. Unfortunately not many stalls opened that time due to the festivity.

The weather was very nice last Saturday as we had rain in the morning. We decided to have an impromptu drive to Serikin and thankfully it didn't rained when we were in Serikin marketplace.

Surprisingly the marketplace has grown bigger and more stuff to see and buy. After paid our parking ticket of RM2, we started our long walk. We walked for more than 30 minutes and we finished walking the whole stretch of the road. And we did bought quite a lot home.

Batik shirts for the boys, a cowboy hat for hubby, woven carpets, raw honey, sewing machine, decorative stuff and salted egg instant noodle.

Very fruitful trip, I have to admit.





Birdcages

Decorative and wooden craft

Collectible 

Snacks

Rattan produce

Instant coffee

Indonesian products

The acclaimed Indomie, RM5 for 3 packs

Helmets

No, this bike not for sale. An Indonesian plated bike

A staple-like sewing machine

Batik

Fruits which I haven't try 

9 comments:

suituapui said...

I've always wanted to go but people always said don't go, so far, nothing to buy, very very hot...and nobody wanted to take me there. Next time, I will ask you to take me, can?

mun said...

wah, a lot of things to see. good you all bought some things you wanted.

PH said...

I always love the sights and sounds of a market!

Nancy Chan said...

Looks like an interesting place to visit and lots of things to see and buy.

lina said...

Interesting market!

Libby said...

I love to visit day market and night market like this whenever I go travel. Many things to see and buy. Wow! You bought a lot of things, definitely a fruitful trip.

Merryn said...

Such an interesting market. Very good for tourists too.

Merryn said...

Such an interesting market. Very good for tourists too.

Reanaclaire said...

I like going to this type of places to look see.. but these days, the weather forbids me to... really terribly hot over here in Ipoh!