Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Different kind


My man took a week off to fly to KL to attend a good friend's wedding on Sunday and spent 2 nights in KL before flying off with his old Kapit primary school classmates to Laos. 

A great holiday with his friends in Laos but he wasn't used to their food. Different kind of cuisine, not what we eat over here. So he was kind of missing our local cuisine while he was there although he spent 2 nights there. 

He didn't buy much but did bought few fabrics and ground coffee home.  Unusual for him as he tends to buy a lot whenever he is travelling. However this round he was mostly touring around Vientiane, and enjoyed their unique cuisine. 


The next day after he was back home, he brought me and Jan out for breakfast. He was taking additional day leave. And what we had for breakfast?? Mamak!! 


Jan went for mee maggi goreng with egg on too. Lovely plate of fried noodle with nicely done fried egg, don't you agree??



As for yours truly, I was forever stuck with fried mee hoon. I enjoyed mine as well. Nicely fried and flavourful. 


As for the man, he missed his fried mamak noodle so he had it that morning. Must be satisfying for him.

So, each of us had different kind of fried noodles for breakfast. Which one would you like?? 

12 comments:

suituapui said...

I had Vietnamese drip coffee the other day, RM7.90 a cup. So expensive, want to pengsan! LOL!!! I love Vietnamese cuisine, if only I had the chance to hop over!

Iwona said...

Noodles for breakfast? Nice :)

Nux V said...

I like Maggi mee goreng too with egg topping!

PH said...

I would like to have the mamak mee goreng. Would be nice to have a fried egg on top.

Ezvina said...

Kolo mee :D

mun said...

I like all three types with well done eggs.

Reanaclaire said...

I will opt for your fried mihoon.. not so filling and yet satisfying!

Merryn said...

I love all three but I've not had them for ages :(

Imemily said...

oh Laos I never been also
sometimes mamak also can fried up some delicious noodles

The Yum List said...

He only lasted two days without comfort food! Lucky it was a short trip. ;-)

Libby said...

I love all three.

Twilight Man said...

I have not been to Laos and it is in my bucket list to visit Luang Prabang. I better get some info about their local food otherwise I might suffer too.