Sunday, March 3, 2019

Weekend Menu #94 : Tofu mushroom soup

The weather has been rather drastic lately. Some days, it is so warm but other days, it rains and cold almost the whole day through.

This soup was very comforting especially on a cold day. It was invented by yours truly as a way to clear up the fridge and use up whatever she could salvage.

This was rather a very simple recipe, nothing much to it. Just add whatever you want. 

It consists of two of my favourite ingredients. Soft tofu! It was for the steamboat on 2nd day of CNY and left this one pack in the fridge. The expiry would be in few months time. And mushrooms! I love mushrooms and my fridge and dry pantry are never short of them, both dry and fresh.

My family and I really love this simple yet comforting tofu mushroom soup. We could just have our rice with this soup only. 


Ingredient:
1L water
A pack of soft tofu, cut in pieces
Minced meats, hand picked and rolled
Mushrooms (I used white oyster and enoki mushrooms)
A handful of curly leaf vegetable, sliced
A cube of chicken stock
A dash of pepper
Pinchful of salt
Shao xing wine
Sesame oil
Fried shallot (optional)

Methods:
1. Boil a pot of water. Add chicken stock cube and let it simmer.
2. Slowly add minced balls into the hot water.
3. When the meats float in the water, add in mushrooms and let it cook for a minute or so.
4. Then add the seasoning according to taste. Lastly add in the vegetable and soft tofu.
5. Serve warm and for garnishing, add fried shallot. 

8 comments:

Królowa Karo said...

Interesting recipe. I have to try it.

mun said...

I like to eat soft tofu. Your tofu soup looks so delicious!

suituapui said...

Mu girl would love this! She loves tofu and mushroom!

Nancy Chan said...

I like to cook this too. Good to eat with rice and noodles.

PH said...

Very nice hearty soup!

The Yum List said...

I am rather fond of vegetarian cuisine. I wonder if this would still taste good without the meat. Tofu and mushrooms seem enough.

Merryn said...

We love tofu too and I'm sure we will love this soup of yours very much.

Nux V said...

thanks for sharing the recipe