Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Hot day and weekends over here

We are currently having a hot spell here. I haven't see a single drop of rain for over a week now. It is nothing but hot day every day.


Since that day when we went to Borneo 744, the heat has soared to a certain discomfort. I hardly do my gardening lately; and I don't go to my morning walk anymore. Too stuffy, too hot (and too lazy! ^^)

I try to keep everyone indoor as much as possible with air con switched on most of the time and get everyone stay hydrated and cool. Now I bathe thrice rather than twice. And I lost count of how many times I cook mung bean soup for dessert over the weeks. Great dessert for such weather and some more, it is nutritious and cooling soup.


Lately, we are crazy over ice-cream. Maybe the craving for something sweet and cold got over us. Last weekend,  we have been stocking the freezer up with different types of ice-cream.


When the weather has cooled down slightly in the evening, we would have a dip in the pool. Our weekend routine is a round of swimming in the pool.


That's how we mostly spend our weekends over here. How about you? Any remedy to cool yourself down?

17 comments:

Diana Diane Teo said...

Wow! That's a lot of ice-cream there. I wish I could do so but I'm trying to cut down my sugar intakes. Doctor said the sugar level within my body fairly high.Too bad...

Diana Diane Teo said...

Same to Sabah too. Lately quite hot until I turned on aircon almost everyday, even at night. That's how I cool down myself. Should go for swimming

suituapui said...

Blistering hot in Sibu as well. I went out yesterday intending to buy some some mung beans to cook like you...but I came back, bought other things but not the mung beans. LOL!!! Old man, getting forgetful.

Twilight Man said...

What a timely post. It was very hot for the last 2 days with temperature rising to 35C. It felt hot like 38C! I only could think of air cond and drinking cold water to quench my thirst and dry lips.

Willie a.k.a Reptoz said...

Its been hot for two weeks. Oh my...

Nancy Chan said...

It is the same over here. No rain for more than a week. Hardly spend time in the garden except to water the plants. Have been sleeping with air con on the whole night.

PH said...

Yes, it is so so hot now. On weekends after my chores, I stay in my computer room with the air-cond on.

Libby said...

Ya, weather very hot recently, can't stand it, have to turn on the air con

Libby said...

Long time didn't go for a swim even though I have a swimming complex in my neighbourhood

mun said...

Ya, hot weather over here too. You all did many constructive activities to keep cool. I just eat more fruits from the fridge and drink cold water.

Ann said...

I love mung bean soup,
I know it does not looks so nice
as other soups but it taste good.
And of course, nothing beats ice cream
on a hot day.

Ann
https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

Reanaclaire said...

I like green peas soup too.. just a few days ago, I boiled red beans and added in some sweet potatoes.. two in one.. hahaa.. and I wish I could swim!!

Merryn said...

Yes it's hot here too. We make frozen fruit lollies to cool us down before going to the playground in the evenings. I still go for my morning run though as I don't mind early morning sun :)

lina said...

Ice cream and pool play sure are good remedies for hot sunny days. :)

Imemily said...

indeed the weather too hot lately
I have to wear long sleeves to make sure I dont get any sunburn and tanned
Have to stay indoor and drink lot water

Zurainny Ismail said...

I have been eating more ice cream than usual since last week to cool myself - the heat has been so intense! My favourites are the icy types (like aiskrim potong) instead of the creamy ones (ie magnum). And lots of ice, too. Hope the weather will tone done a few degrees soon, the kids are starting to cough. And the HFMD cases are worrying.

Sharon D. said...

Ice cream works for me too. That and chilled water. :D