Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Miscellaneous Picture #81 : simply food

We went to Nanyang Food Court one morning and I had my usual, comforting kueh chap.

Back to Nanyang one evening for dinner. I had the ayam penyet rice from a new stall.

Yue tiaw (crullers) and lek tau suan (mung beans dessert) from Sungai Maong wet market.  Nice and salty crullers went well with the sweet dessert.



One of my favourite Sarawak laksa place is Sin Chong Choon Cafe in Green Heights. We seldom go there now, since we move to our current place. Sarawak laksa with its 3-layers teh-c peng is always my choice of breakfast there. 


One of the best lor fan (braised rice) around could be found in MJC weekly market. The owner operates a stall near 3rd Mile wet market but every Thursday and Friday, he would be in MJC. Simply good!


His roasted meat was the best. I never miss buying from him every month.

11 comments:

lina said...

Wah! Lots of food!

suituapui said...

I would enjoy them all, would not know which one to choose, all look great.

The Yum List said...

You're up to #81 miscellaneous photos! Nice!

Sharon D. said...

Omigosh ..that kueh chap. Rose, you arh ! I'm already very chubby. Don't tempt me further ..haha!

PH said...

Ah.... all the food I like. LOL!

mun said...

I like the braised hard boiled eggs that appeared in two of your photos.

Libby said...

I like the you tiaw, my old house downstairs used to have a stall selling you tiaw, we always buy and eat it with coffee or soya milk, those were the days.

And I like the three layers Teh Peng too!

Twilight Man said...

Now I am very tempted to eat Kueh Chap but it is not easy to find one stall in KL.

jhon said...


I know from experience that at Stanford Hospital they will, if need be, wheel a machine to your bedside to do a chest x-ray without the patient having to get up when they're too ill too. So why not a mammogram machine?learn more

Nancy Chan said...

So many delicious food to choose from and everything looks good!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

The roasted meat is very tempting...