Wednesday, January 18, 2017

List for CNY

CNY is less than 2 weeks away.  Are you ready to welcome the Year of Rooster??

For me, it is more or less. Things are there, I done this and that. Here is a list of mine to remind me on what to do before the big celebration.

1. Cleaning around the house
With all the kids away in the morning, I have few hours to get my hands busy with cleaning, wiping, throwing and rearranging what's in the house. Not so fond of this cleaning as I would be attacked by sneeze and itchiness from the dusts, dust balls and cob webs. And few cuts I got from cleaning my kitchen few days ago. Not fond of that!!

2. Food
Going to fry some fish crackers this year unlike few years ago where we got them from outside.  Hubby bought a pack of Mukah fish keropok last year so I am going to fry them this weekend!  Just need to make sure I keep them safely and sealed in the tin and away from my kids. *wink*

We are keeping it simple this year.  Not going to buy too many titbits and snacks that we could not finish in the end.

I would not be cooking much.  However, we are going to have steamboat on CNY eve and BBQ cum potluck on 2nd day so I got to get ready some food for the ocassions.

3. Decoration
Some simple decoration stickers hubby bought to make the house more festive. Everything keep to minimal; nothing extravagant.

4. New clothings
Did not buy much for myself this year. The one with the most new clothings this year is my princess. Her new clothings could last her for a week of CNY!

Done all the washing and ironing, so I would not be worry about them anymore.

5. Ang pows
I started to collect red packets few years ago. Accidentally at first. Then I keep having more and more red packets and find some are so beautiful and special; I do not have heart to throw them away. Now I keep an album of red packet collection.

Economy is not so good, so no one expect "loaded" ang pow this year. Usually the ang pow job is passed to me, so I have to ready the necessary monies and ang pows accordingly.

Did I miss anything??

14 comments:

Sharon D. said...

I am left with a ton of ironing to do. Other than that, I'm pretty much ready. Nothing extravagant too :D
I don't think you missed anything..

mun said...

i think you have all the important things covered in your list. well done! :)

PH said...

You are so organized. I think you got it covered and will be ready to welcome the Rooster year :)

weekend-windup said...

It's good to have a list before starting any work. You have covered everything in it. Have a nice day:)

lina said...

You look pretty set to welcome the Rooster. :)

Agnes CF Lee said...

I think I will only do some cleaning, buy new clothes, get ready some food stuff, change new notes, that's it. Haven't got much energy to celebrate on a big way. Good that you have been getting ready for CNY, you could sit back and relax soon.

Reanaclaire said...

I still have lots to do... now i write them as reminders in my phone.. hahaa.. Time seems to be flying by very fast!!

suituapui said...

I just got the new bank notes from the bank today and the ang pao packets. I guess your hubby will see to that, no problem for you. My cakes arriving today, cookies we bought, not making any - all for people who drop by now that my girl cannot eat anything made from wheat flour. :( Yet to start thinking about the cooking...

Nancy Chan said...

I never like cleaning jobs but there is no one else to do them so I am stuck with it. I have been making some snacks but have cut down the amount. There is the marketing and last minute cleaning to do.

Buku Junkie said...

Must be busy with the preparation. Please take care of your health too. ��

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Time flies, Year of the Rooster is coming...

Ezvina said...

Would love to see your ang pow album.

Blackswan said...

Nice picks, babe! Gosh, I don't think I'm ready yet. Have a great week! xoxo

Libby said...

I also have the habit of buying and collecting red packets though I am not supposed to give out red packets because I am single. But I do give out red packet to my nephew.

I am going to clean the windows and change my bedsheet for the Chinese New Year, that is the only to do list for me cos all the cooking will be done by my mother.

As for decorations, we have already put them up.