Friday, January 13, 2017

Weekend Menu #83: wild boar and 3-colours dish

Weekend is here again. And I have a 2-in-1 recipe post today.

I had some frozen wild boar so with CNY is around the corner, I need to clear some stuff in the freezer to accommodate new stuff.

The wild boar meat was from my in-laws that they bought from Kapit. I am not so fond of the meat but hubby loves it. The meat is tough so either you let it simmer longer or use meat tenderizer to soften it.

Simmering wild boar

Ingredients:
About 300gm wild boar, sliced thickly
1 stalk lemongrass, sliced
1 bombay onion, sliced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2inch ginger, sliced
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp shao xing wine
1 tbsp Chinese white wine
1 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
Half cup of water
Cornflour with water mix

Methods:
1. Add cooking oil in the wok. Once heated up, slowly add the wild boar in the wok. Brown the meats batch by batch.


2. Dish out the browned meat into a plate. In the same wok, toss in the garlic, ginger, onion and lemongrass. Saute till fragrant.

3.  Add the meats back into the wok. Add the dark soy sauce, shao xing wine, white wine, sugar and salt. Stir fried for few minutes before add in the water.


 4. Let them simmer for about 30 minutes or till the meat has soften.  Lastly add in the cornflour mixture and let it cook for another minute to thicken the gravy.
5. Dish out and serve warm with white rice.




To complement the wild boar, I have this vibrant 3-colours vegetables dish. Nice and crunchy.

French beans, baby corns and carrots


Ingredients:
French beans, carrots and baby corns - cleaned and sliced to biteable size
Minced garlic
Dashes of light soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

Methods:
1. Add cooking oil in a wok. Once heated, add minced garlic and saute till fragrant.
2. Add in all the vegetables and stir fry till soften.
3. Add in light soy sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper. Add some water for gravy.
4. Dish out.

Bon appetit!

10 comments:

suituapui said...

Wild boar!!! Have not had any for a long long time, can't get any good ones. Lots in Selangau but has an offensive smell - I hear they add fomaline or whatever to keep the meat from going bad. Not cheap! After buying a few times and throwing it all away, I do not want to buy from there anymore. :(

Sharon D. said...

Aiyo...what a yummy meal, Rose! If I lived nearby, I will come running ..lol

mun said...

Your wild boar dish looks good. I have tasted wild boar meat cooked in curry only.

PH said...

Your wild boar dish sounds and looks delicious! I had wild boar long long time ago when I was a kid. Can't remember the taste. Your vege dish looks good too, perfect to accompany the meat dish.

Unknown said...

Your place easily get wild boar meat eh? Good for you. At my place very rare... We usually love to eat Curry wild boar met.

Ezvina said...

Nice, I also have some wild boar in my fridge, thanks for the idea, although I normally just skip the 1st step, too lazy :D

Reanaclaire said...

This meals looks very nice!! Meat and vegetables.. very balanced too! Rose, you can cook very well la...

Hayley said...

Dark color dish always turn my appetite on one, though can be quite oily la, haha!

Merryn said...

Wow! I've not eaten wildboar in ages. I don't even know how to cook them. Your wildboar dish looks so good with the dark color. I am salivating!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I can have extra bowl of rice with it...