Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Lunch before heading home

We went to Imperial Duck, Stutong branch for lunch after visited my father-in-law. It was around 11am so we decided to settle our lunch before heading home.

We had an early breakfast in 38 Food Street that morning, so the kids started to complain. We thought of Imperial Duck and its delicacies and since we were somewhere there, we drove over to the restaurant.

Soon after placed our order, our first dish came. Braised mushroom and ear wood. our first time ordering such dish. I actually enjoyed this dish. Crunchy ear wood fungus and the enoki mushroom, snap peas and carrots brought some texture and colours to the whole dish.


Hubby ordered this nourishing soup for everyone. Herbal black chicken soup.

And of course, one must not miss having its famous roasted pork belly. Fat and thick slab of sinful goodness!


I had my usual order whenever I dined in Imperial Duck. Their Imperial Duck rice.  The duck was as good as always. Just that maybe next time I would ask them to give me the braised sauce separately in a bowl instead of them pouring all over my rice. ^^


Nevertheless, it was a delightful lunch. Felt satisfying to come back for its roasted meat and duck.

11 comments:

suituapui said...

Oh? They have an outlet at Stutong? I only know the one at Padungan, Lok Thian there.

mun said...

These dishes suit my spouse a lot, especially the roasted pork. All of you must have had a satisfying meal.

Libby said...

The roast meat and duck looks good, I miss my duck rice

Blackswan said...

I'm a huge fan of Black Fungus! Those roast pork enticed me too, dear. xoxo

Nancy Chan said...

I love roast duck too. Yes, I would also prefer the duck sauce to be served separately. Yummy dinner for the family to enjoy!

PH said...

Quite a nice lunch. The roasted pork looks good!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Has been quite a while since I had herbal black chicken soup...

The Yum List said...

I have just recently been learning about the diversity of mushrooms. So much to love.

Ann said...

I love duck dishes
so tasty especially peking duck.
The soup looks good and herbal too.

Ann
https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

Nux V said...

ahhhh….roasted pork!!! yummeh!!!

Sharon D. said...

That is a perfectly roasted pork belly - so beautiful!