This is a very simple yet appetizing dish that is full of flavour from the salted mustard. My hubby's favourite dish of all time. He could have 2 bowls of rice to go with this dish only.
And Father's Day was yesterday, we did not do much celebration as hubby had function on both Saturday and Sunday. So I had this homecooked meal for him and this dish was one of the menu.
500g pork belly, blanched and cut into 2cm size
250g salted mustard, rinse and cut into smaller size
3 shallots, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 inch ginger, sliced
2 cups water
11/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
Spring onion for garnish
1. Drain mustard with kitchen towel. Heat up a pan and dry fry the mustard till dry and wilted. Set aside.
2. Heat up cooking oil in a wok and saute shallots, garlic and ginger till fragrant.
3. Add pork belly and stir for about 3 minutes.
4. Add in water and bring to boil. Add in mustard, sugar and salt.
5. Cook for about 10 minutes or till pork bellt has soften. Dish out and garnish with spring onion.