Thursday, June 29, 2017

Miscellaneous Picture #68: Raya food note

Our Hari Raya house visiting started on 2nd day.


Only visited one house in Semariang. As usual, they serve their special Sarawak laksa to go with other delicious dishes.

I think my allergy got worse because I took the prawns. Doctor advised no seafood for a week after I went back to the clinic on Tuesday night for an injection.


More visiting and feasting on 3rd day. 3 houses we visited and by then, everyone was tired.


Feasting on cakes


Ketupat and satay


More cakes 

And munching on snacks

13 comments:

Sherry Go Sharing said...

great visiting. me just stay home as sicked. flu n cough

mun said...

Looks like all your hosts are very gracious and generous to provide lots of delicious food!

Reanaclaire said...

Hope your rashes will go off soon and have a good time eating again.. yes, for now, refrain from seafood.. take care!

suituapui said...

No prawns, no crabs, no clams, no cockles, no sotong...all seafood, stay far far away! I see lemang - where's the ketupat pulut? :D

suituapui said...

Ahhhhhh yes! I see it now, with the satay. That's the lemak type, right? Usually with satay, they would give the plain rice one.

Imemily said...

wow lots open house invite
mus be very fun :D

Libby said...

Is the first photo curry chicken? Love that, hope you get well from your rashes

Somewhere in Singapore said...

I will loves those cakes...

Yannie said...

I love Raya open house food very much. I have one Muslim colleague, she always invites us to her open house. I just went on last Thursday. The food was so delicious.

Nancy Chan said...

Sometimes it is difficult to pin point the cause of the skin allergy. I love satay and the crunchy snacks. Have a wonderful weekend!

Blackswan said...

So sorry to learn of your allergy, dear. Can't imagine myself not eating prawns........ xoxo

Królowa Karo said...

Everything look so delicious!

Sharon D. said...

Such lovely Raya food. Sorry to hear about your allergy, but glad you are better :)