Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Couldn't wait

It was a Sunday night and hubby told me not to cook dinner. So we waited for him to finish his swim before he changed and showered. Then together we went to this Bak Kut Teh place.


It was around 630pm and the place was not so packed. We found a nice seating and quickly ordered our food since we knew what we want and everyone was hungry. As you can see, my Jamie couldn't wait for the bak kut teh to come as he helped himself to the yue tiaw.

First to arrive on the table for this platter of century eggs. I hardly touch it. Not a fan of this. 

Some time later our piping hot bak kut teh came. We had the spare ribs and pork belly to go with the beancurd skin, mushroom and green vegetable.  Everyone couldn't wait to dig in, enjoying with warm white rice.


We also had this red glutinous rice wine chicken (ang chow chicken) which is our favourite here. Love that they use kampung chicken for this dish. The flavour, really absorbed into the meat.


Hubby had this huge glass of cucumber juice. I love it. Refreshing and cooling. Nice to quench the thirst after the warm bak kut teh.


For me, I went for this cincau soya milk. Nice to take as well.

9 comments:

suituapui said...

Century eggs! Now you've got me craving for that. Gotta grab some the next time I drop by a supermarket. I love those...and salted eggs too.

mun said...

Century eggs are my favourite food! Yums Yums! Best eaten with pickles onion bulbs or pickled ginger slices!

Reanaclaire said...

Wow.. I am eyeing the ang chow chicken... salivating...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Hi 5, I also like ang chow chicken...

PH said...

I love century eggs, so I would have attacked that. LOL!

Libby said...

Same as PH, Mun and STP, I also like century eggs.

I have never eaten ang chow chicken before, wonder how it tastes.

Sharon D. said...

I love your food posts, Rose - always makes me salivate! ^.^

Nancy Chan said...

Let me see...hmmm all I like! I love century egg with pickled ginger. Delicious piping hot bak kut teh also I like. Ang chow chicken also I like! Yums. Ahhh...between the cucumber juice and cincau soya milk, I will chose cucumber juice anytime!

Merryn said...

Ah! I love century eggs and I alone can finish that entire plate. Such a waste that you are not a fan of that. Haha.

BKT and that red wine chicken is making me salivate. Two of my favourite food items too but I've not had them for so long now :(