Saturday, September 5, 2015

On banana leaf

After our morning adventure in the park, we drove back to city area to this place for our lunch. 

Yes, biryani on banana leaf for lunch. 


I love banana leaf, because you got a nice assortment of vegetables and pickles on your leaf and same time the banana leaf added that unique Indian culture and dining experience.  Banana leaves act as disposable plate and once you are done with your food, the leaf is to be folded inwards.

Look at my fluffy biryani rice. Could not have enough of it but I could not finish it all. Biryani rice is very filling.


I have a soft spot for Indian mutton curry so I must order its mutton curry for my biryani. The curry was very spicy but I love the tender mutton. The meat was so tender it basically melt in my mouth.


And the kids each have roti telur for their lunches. How interesting was their roti telur. You could see the egg on top of the roti. 


A nice lunch for a change. Usually we would have Chinese food or chicken rice so it was nice to have something different once a while.

8 comments:

Sharon D. said...

Omigosh ..so sedap!

Agnes CF Lee said...

Have a change of taste once in a while is a good idea..i too like the varieties of vegetables that comes with the Indian meal..my girls still do not take much of spicy food yet so we order roti canai only most of the time.

Anonymous said...

I did not manage to check this place out when I was in Kuching that day but I did ask about it - they told me it was some guy (forgot the name already), moved from some place else...and opens for lunch only and they said that the one they took me too at Nanas Road would be nicer. Wouldn't mind trying, never mind what they said, but I just did not have the time...

Anonymous said...

The one we went to:
https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/she-said/

Nancy Chan said...

Yummy biryani rice and curry mutton. Hmmm mutton that melt in the mouth! Long time I haven't eaten biryani!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Quite sometimes didn't eat briyani and mutton liao...

Yee Ling said...

I miss those moment when the Indian waiter placed the banana leaf on the table and started serving you with the rice and other dishes.

mun said...

Briyani rice that is fluffy must be very tasty!