Sunday, March 14, 2010

Korea - Blow our pockets!

This is going to be the last post of my Korea vacation diary. After many days in Korea, I am bored of eating rice, kimchi and cabbages on every meals. By Day 6, almost all the kimchi on our tables were left untouched. Hubby started to complain about missing his Sarawak Kolo Mee and Sarawak Laksa. Lol! And my litle gal also complaining about missing her cartoons as she found that Korean cartoons not interesting (or probably she did not understand what are they talking about). And I have a hunch that I lose some weight too. Probably from eating healthy food and walking every day.

Continue with my Day 6. I would simplified my Day 6 in this post. Basically on Day 6, a lot of damages done. On our pockets. Lol! After Gyeongbokgung Palace, we went to the following places in Seoul.

Ginseng Outlet - we were shown the clips of ginseng and how to difference the good and bad ginseng. Good ginseng must be more than 6 years old (from planting to harvesting). In ginseng outlet, we can choose either to buy ginseng products in capsule, liquid or powder. Both liquid and powder can be used to cook in soup or pour in warm water for drinking. Korean ginseng used world wide as a way to recover health, strengthen body immune, and calming the mind. We bought RM6000 worth of ginseng products there.

Cosmetic Centre - a lot of brands were sold in this outlet. We ended up buying this Feel brands, amounting to more than RM3000! Plus my 2 SILs and MIL, we are spending on its peeling gel, BB cream, toners, emulsion and night cream. And we have many samples as gifts too. *wink*


Amethyst Factory - Korean has one of the five greatest gemestones in the world, i.e. amethyst. Other gemstones include diamond, ruby, emerald and sapphire. I bought one pendant and a ring for myself and a pendant for hubby as a Valentine gift. Overall, I spent nearly RM2400 there. *Faint* Credit card overloaded.

I don't like the necklace. Not pure silver so as you can see, it turns rusty. I need to replace it with my own necklace. No wonder they keep giving us 2 necklaces each there. Lol.

Dong chung ha cho (Chinese caterpillar fungus) herbal shop - here we did not spent since we have bought some ginseng products earlier. In this shop, we were shown experiment on how Chinese caterpillar fungus can seperate sugar contain in a Coke. Impressive! Again, Chinese caterpillar fungus products come in liquid, capsule and powder.

Lee Tai Yuen - It is a street like Petaling Street, selling many souvenirs, clothing, toys, food, and other household products. One interesting marking about this place is most foreigners in Korea are there. So, you would not feel alien there as you could heard people speaking English there.

Melonia ice cream

One thing that I enjoyed tasting in Lee Tai Yuen is this famous melon ice cream. I have a friend who told me he enjoyed eating ice cream during winter because it would not melt and it is not cold to take. Hmm, I don't know. After few bites, I have to forgo finishing up the ice cream.

So, here is the end of my Korea vacation. After 6 hours on the plane, and spending 6 nights there, it is a great winter vacation. Although we find the food not suit to our taste, but we did enjoyed its simple meals and kimchi. Nevertheless, I still like the sunny and warm sun in Malaysia. Miss the beaches, food and people here. Lol!


4 comments:

smallkucing said...

Lovely pendant :D

Hope the silver on the pendant wont fade as well.Else have to get people to do the setting again

NomadicMom said...

Thought real silver also would tarnish? You have to polish frequently.
Looks like lots of shopping!

Mummy Gwen said...

The pendant is very nice. Good buy. :) When we go for holidays, sure cannot tahan...everything also wanna buy..hehe.

~ "C" said...

I wish to see Malaysia one day. I'm glad you had a good Korean Vacation. What are Sarawak Kolo Mee and Sarawak Laksa? I'm intrigued. Sounds soooo good!