Saturday, June 3, 2023

The new Kim Lai Heng

This coffee shop have been in Green road for quite a long time. Kim Lai Heng has closed and revamped end of last year and opened up after Chinese New Year to a new, modern, cleaner coffee shop look. 


Same stalls still operated at the shop such as the kolo mee, chicken rice, economy rice, salad chicken and Penang fried stall. 

My Jay in particular liked the kolo mee (RM6) served by the kolo mee stall. He tasted the kampua from the kampua stall but he didn't enjoyed it much. 

There was one stall that I always wanted to try, and that was Penang fried kway teow. I did managed to taste it for the first time last Wednesday morning. 


I opted for the normal fried kway teow (RM7) from the Penang fried stall. And yes, it was good!! I really enjoyed it very much!! Will definitely order again. Many dishes on their menu, another day to try them out. 


Before leaving, my mil bought tau fu fah from the stall next to Penang fried stall. Not sure how much as my mil paid but should be around RM3.00. Tau fu fah with black syrup. Nice to take on any warm day. Syrup wasn't too sweet and the tau fu fah (Soya pudding) was silky and soft. 


5 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

I love kway teow! Have a wonderful weekend, Rose.

mun said...

Wah, your side still got rm6 noodles. Here in coffee shops also difficult to find rm6 noodles. Your ckt looks tasty. Yums! 😋

suituapui said...

Yes, everything looks good! Dunno this one, just that one famous for my favourite kolo mee in Kuching.

PH said...

I love tau fu fah especially if it is chilled. Very cooling especially on a hot hot day!

Nux V said...

i like tau fu fah, nice to be eaten chill or warm.