Thursday, August 22, 2019

Not well



I wasn't feeling that well last week. Down with sore throat and cough, I hardly went out over the school holiday other than necessary errands. 

Cooked meals and stayed indoor most of the time. Jamie was also recovering from his eczema and didn't attend school for 2 weeks. 

Thank God, his skin is much better now and he gladly goes back to school without much trouble. Of course, I have to inform his teacher on some dos and dons so he would be well attended to while he is there. 

On Sunday, just before schools started we went for lunch in Taiwan Siao Jou. The shop in Jalan Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce (or mostly fondly called Jalan Keretapi). 

Since I was not well, we decided to have something homecooked. I liked Taiwan Siao Jou's dishes. Simple and nice. And not that pricey. I don't know how much our lunch cost as someone paid the tab. A friend paid for our lunch. 


We did not finished all the dishes so we packed the leftover and had it for dinner. And hubby also bought some tasty fried chicken wings to add to the dishes that evening. 

The chicken wings were bought from one of the coffee shops in Golden Arch.  I also had few as I could not resist it. Cough or sore throat, I must tasted them. Lol. 


11 comments:

mun said...

Pray that you are feeling better now.

suituapui said...

Wahhhhhh!!! So lucky! Got friend paying for so much food! Is that the RM2 fried chicken? We have it everywhere now in Sibu, seems to be doing so well.

Merryn said...

The only Golden Arch I know is McD. Haha.

Hope you are feeling much better now and glad to know Jamie is back in school.

Libby said...

Speedy recovery. Maybe you can try antelope drink, it is good. I also not feeling well. Cough and sore throat like you.

Natalia said...

Hope you arw well now! Everything looks so delicious!☺

Diana Diane Teo said...

Hope you are feeling fine now. When under the weather it's not fun cause so uncomfortable and many things unable to do as the body need sufficient of rest. Golden Arch is pretty near to my family's place but I never stumble upon the chicken wings. We always went there for breakfast and dinner.

Nancy Chan said...

Hope all is well by now. I too have throat irritation. The weather is hot and need to drink plenty of water. The chicken wings look good.

PH said...

I thought fried stuff is a no no when coughing or sore throat but the wings were too tempting. I would have done the same LOL!

Reanaclaire said...

Hahaha..eat first, think later! I am like you, cannot resist food one... Hope you are feeling better now.

The Yum List said...

When you're unwell, it is so important to rest, but with busy lives it is hard to do so.

Nux V said...

sumptuous lunch and the dishes looks good!